AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- South Africa: 'Swindled' South African Soccer Body Not Part of Restitution Plans for Nations Duped By Fifa Graftam 06/06/2023 um 13:55
[allAfrica] Cape Town -- Restitution amounting to U.S.$201 million (nearly R4 billion) to compensate multiple "victim organisations" harmed by global soccer body Fifa in a major corruption scandal, will not be issued to the South African Football Association (SAFA), an investigation by journalism watchdog amaBhungane has found.
- Nigeria: NPFL Super Six - Late Goals As Rivers United, Remo Stars Tie Ends in Stalemateam 06/06/2023 um 12:32
[Premium Times] The other game between Bendel Insurance and Sunshine Stars also ended in a stalemate.
- Gambia: TMT Suffer 4th Loss in GFF 2nd Tiervon [email protected] (The Point) am 06/06/2023 um 10:36
[The Point] TMT FC suffered their fourth loss for the season during their Gambia Football Federation (GFF) Second Division League rescheduled fixtures played on Saturday.
- Gambia: Tujereng UTD Daze Misira UTD On Spot-Kicks to Reach WCR 3rd Tier Finalvon [email protected] (The Point) am 06/06/2023 um 10:36
[The Point] Tujereng United on Saturday stunned Misira United 4-3 on post-match penalty shootouts after regular time ended goalless in their semi-final match played at the Brikama Box Bar Mini Stadium to reach the final of the 2023 West Coast Regional Third Division League.
- Gambia: Gamtel Continue Struggle in Gambian 1st Division Leaguevon [email protected] (The Point) am 06/06/2023 um 10:35
[The Point] The Telecommunication Boys, Gamtel FC have continued their struggling in the Gambian Premier League following another draw during their week 26 fixture played on Saturday.
- Uganda: Kitagwenda Residents Excited Over MTN Tooro Kingdom Bicycle Masaza Raceam 06/06/2023 um 10:07
[Nile Post] The picturesque county of Kabujogera in Kitagwenda witnessed an exhilarating bicycle race yesterday, as the Tooro Kingdom, in partnership with MTN Uganda, hosted a thrilling event that left residents buzzing with excitement. The race, aimed at promoting sports talent and raising awareness about HIV/AIDS, received overwhelming support from the community.
- Uganda: 4 Ugandan Athletes, Officials Miss World Mountain Championships Over Visasam 06/06/2023 um 07:08
[Observer] Two Ugandan female athletes, a coach, and the physiotherapist have failed to travel to Innsbruck-Stubai, Austria for the 2023 World Mountain and Trail Championships due to visa issuance delays.
- Tanzania: President Suluhu HassanOffers Piece of Advice On Yanga, Feitoto Rowam 06/06/2023 um 07:07
[Daily News] By BENJAMIN BEN
- Kenya: Sony's Babu, City Stars' Muyoti Among Coaches Seeking CAF B Certificationam 06/06/2023 um 05:33
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- On-demand Nzoia Sugar coach Salim Babu and City Stars' Nicholas Muyoti are among the 20 coaches who have enrolled for the four-month long CAF B coaching course, the second highest coaching badge in the continent.
- Kenya: Kenya Names Squad for CECAFA Under-18 Champs Set for Nairobiam 06/06/2023 um 05:26
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The national Under-18 women's team will get into camp on Thursday to start preparations for the CECAFA Championships scheduled to kick off on the 24th of this month in Nairobi.
- Africa: Vandenbroeck Delights in Away Goal Despite Defeat to Ahlyam 05/06/2023 um 13:02
[CAF] Wydad Athletic Club coach Sven Vandenbroeck has warned that they will hinge on the single away goal scored in Cairo to turn the tie around when they welcome Al Ahly to Casablanca in the return tie of the CAF Champions League final next weekend.
- Africa: Koller Confident Ahly Can Complete the Job in Casablancaam 05/06/2023 um 13:02
[CAF] Al Ahly head coach Marcel Koller is confident his team can complete the job in Casablanca next week, and wrestle back the TotalEnergies CAF Champions League title from Wydad Athletic Club.
- South Africa: Special Learners Off to International Paralympicsvon [email protected] (Scrolla) am 05/06/2023 um 11:23
[Scrolla] The inspiring stories of three Eastern Cape special needs learners who will be representing South Africa at international sporting competitions could only be eclipsed by their inevitable success.
- South Africa: Chiefs or Sundowns? Mayo Snr Chooses for Son Khanyisavon [email protected] (Scrolla) am 05/06/2023 um 10:24
[Scrolla] Kaizer Chiefs legend Patrick Mayo has named the club -- between Amakhosi and Mamelodi Sundowns -- he would prefer his son Khanyisa to join.
- Africa: Ghana Triumphs Over Nigeria to Win WAFU B U-20 Girls Cupam 05/06/2023 um 09:57
[CAF] In an exhilarating clash at the Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi on Saturday, Ghana emerged triumphant over Nigeria, prevailining 3-1 in a penalty shootout to claim the coveted title of the inaugural WAFU B U-20 Girls Cup.
- Africa: Title Retention a Motivation for Wydad, Says Coach Vandenbroeckam 05/06/2023 um 09:57
[CAF] Wydad Athletic Club head coach Sven Vandenbroeck says the ambition to retain the title is their biggest motivation as they prepare to face off with Al Ahly in the first leg of the TotalEnergies CAF Champions League final in Cairo on Sunday evening.
- Africa: Ahly's Koller Ready for Tough Duel Against Wydad in Cairoam 05/06/2023 um 09:56
[CAF] Al Ahly head coach Marcel Koller has admitted his side faces a tough assignment when they take on holders Wydad Athletic Club in the first leg of the TotalEnergies CAF Champions League final in Cairo on Sunday.
- Africa: We Gave Everything - Says Yanga Goalkeeper Diarraam 05/06/2023 um 09:56
[CAF] Young Africans goalkeeper Djigui Diarra was heartbroken that his side could not clinch the TotalEnergies CAF Confederation Cup title, despite giving everything in their fight.
- Africa: Yanga Coach Nabbi Rues Missed Chances in TotalEnergies CAF CC Finalam 05/06/2023 um 09:56
[CAF] Young Africans (Yanga) head coach Nasreddine Nabbi has rued missed chances after his side's failure to clinch the TotalEnergies CAF Confederation Cup title, losing to Algerian outfit USM Alger on the away goal rule.
- Africa: Ahly Down Wydad in Cairo to Earn TotalEnergies CAF CL Advantageam 05/06/2023 um 09:38
[CAF] Al Ahly drew first blood against Wydad Athletic Club, edging them out 2-1 at the Cairo International Stadium in the first leg of the TotalEnergies CAF Champions League on Sunday night.
- South Africa: Final Roar From Brave Lionsvon [email protected] (Scrolla) am 05/06/2023 um 08:46
[Scrolla] The way the Lions hung on by their fingertips to a possible spot in the play-offs for the Currie Cup played out like an action movie.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Face Brazil PSG Club World Cup Finalam 05/06/2023 um 08:21
[New Times] Both Rwanda U11 and U13 will face Brazil into the final of the 2023 PSG Club World Cup taking place Monday at the Parc des Princes.
- Tanzania: Prisons Assure Fans to Host Yanga in Mbeyaam 05/06/2023 um 07:35
[Daily News] Mbeya -- TANZANIA Prisons have assured the team's fans in Mbeya that their Premier League match against Young Africans will be staged at Sokoine Stadium in Mbeya and not at Mandela Stadium in Sumbawanga.
- Rwanda: Meet Rwandan Players for 2023 Billie Jean King Cupam 05/06/2023 um 07:17
[New Times] As Kigali prepares to become the first African city to host the Billie Jean King Cup, Rwanda Tennis Federation (FRT) President Theoneste Karenzi has said that everything is in place, promising a successful tournament.
- Rwanda: Ferwafa Pledges to Promote Amputee Football in Rwandaam 05/06/2023 um 06:23
[New Times] Rwanda's Football governing body (Ferwafa) has promised to throw their weight behind amputee football in the country for the next four years.
- Nigeria: Nigeria 0-1 South Korea - Flying Eagles Suffer Heart-Breaking Defeatam 05/06/2023 um 04:43
[Premium Times] A header in the first half of extra time gave South Korea the win they needed to make it two consecutive semi-final berths at the FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Zimbabwe: PSL Wrap - Highlanders Edge Chiefs to Reclaim to Spot, Dynamos Finally Winam 04/06/2023 um 20:20
[New Zimbabwe] HIGHLANDERS returned to the top of the Castle Lager Premier Soccer League table after defeating cross-town rivals Bulawayo Chiefs 1-0 at Babourfields Stadium on Sunday.
- Namibia: Namibia Triumph in Run Festvon [email protected] (Namibian) am 04/06/2023 um 20:16
[Namibian] Namibia beat Karnataka by five wickets after great batting displays by both sides on Sunday to level their 50-over series at one-all.
- Rwanda: Haringingo Considering Rayon Exit After Peace Cup Gloryam 04/06/2023 um 10:56
[New Times] Rayon Sports head coach Francis Haringingo could be on his way out of the Rwandan Premier League after half a decade in the dugout.
- Kenya: Faith Kipyegon Breaks Women's 1,500m World Record in Italyam 03/06/2023 um 12:45
[Independent (Kampala)] Florence -- Kenyan Faith Kipyegon broke the women's 1,500 meters world record at the Wanda Diamond League's Golden Gala meeting in Florence, Italy on Friday.