AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Kenya: Athletics Legend Kipchoge On a Bigger Mission At Olympicsvon Nation am 28/07/2021 um 06:07
[Nation] Eliud Kipchoge, who will be defending his title at the Olympics, is no doubt the greatest marathoner of all time.
- Kenya: Captain Fantastic Amonde Bows Out With Head Held Up Highvon Nation am 28/07/2021 um 06:06
[Nation] Tokyo -- Wearing the national jersey in any sport bears huge responsibility. Putting on the captain's armband is an even heavier load.
- Kenya: World U-20 LOC Happy With Preps As Event Nearsvon Nation am 28/07/2021 um 06:01
[Nation] The World Under-20 Championships Local Organising Committee (LOC) has confirmed that the technical equipment and pitches to be used for the global event are almost complete.
- Kenya: Shujaa Hit Ireland to Finish Ninth in Tokyovon Nation am 28/07/2021 um 05:59
[Nation] Tokyo -- Shujaa exacted some measure of revenge on Ireland after securing a 22-0 win in their classification final match at the Tokyo Olympic Stadium Wednesday.
- Kenya: Brave Malkia Strikers Go Down Fighting to South Koreans in Tokyovon Nation am 28/07/2021 um 05:51
[Nation] Malkia Strikers on Tuesday put up yet another spirited fight to go down 3-0 (25-14, 25,22, 26-24) to South Korea in their second Pool B match at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Kenya: Why There Is Trouble in the Gor Mahia Campvon Nation am 28/07/2021 um 05:49
[Nation] The crisis at Gor Mahia continues to deepen with over 10 players believed to be on their way out of the broke defending champions, who are yet to win in the last seven matches in the Football Kenya Federation Premier League.
- Kenya/Burundi: Cecafa U-23 - Kenya Eliminated By Burundi in Semi-Finalvon Nation am 28/07/2021 um 05:45
[Nation] Kenya on Tuesday crashed out of the Cecafa Under-23 Championship after losing to Burundi 4-2 in post-match penalties in the semi-finals at the Bahir Dar Stadium in Ethiopia.
- Kenya: Cecafa Releases Kagame Cup Draw As Football Federation Calls for Delayvon Nation am 28/07/2021 um 05:45
[Nation] Kenya's participation at this year's Cecafa Kagame Cup is in doubt after Football Kenya Federation (FKF) insisted that it has to finish the 2020/21 season first.
- Namibia: Miller Puts Up Good Fight but Falls Shortvon New Era am 27/07/2021 um 16:10
[New Era] Namibian mountain biker Alex Miller yesterday started off strongly in the men's cross-country race and at one point seemed well on course to catch up with the leading pack, but his adrenalised performance, unfortunately, proved insufficient to earn Team Namibia their first medal at the ongoing Tokyo Olympics.
- Namibia: Meroro Factors in World Title Showdownvon Namibian am 27/07/2021 um 16:10
[Namibian] VIKAPITA Meroro could have an indirect bearing on who wins the IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight title fight between Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk in London, England on 25 September.
- Namibia: Salute Stars Shine in South Africavon Namibian am 27/07/2021 um 16:02
[Namibian] WBO AFRICA middleweight champion Lukas 'The Demolisher' Ndafoluma beat Cristiano Ndombassy of Angola in Gqeberha, South Africa, on Sunday, but it was not as straightforward as he anticipated.
- Namibia: Youthful Miller Makes Fine Olympics Debutvon Namibian am 27/07/2021 um 15:52
[Namibian] THE youthful Alex Miller made a fine debut at the Tokyo Olympics when he came 31st in the Men's Cross Country mountain bike event yesterday, finishing nine minutes and 12 seconds behind the winner, Thomas Pidcock of Great Britain.
- South Africa: Silver Lining - Tatjana Schoenmaker Lands SA's First Olympic Medal, Hopes It Can Boost Country's Moralevon Daily Maverick am 27/07/2021 um 14:59
[Daily Maverick] Schoenmaker made a splash when she won South Africa's first medal of the Tokyo 2020 Games - and inspired Chad le Clos in the process.
- Kenya/Mozambique: Panguana Ousts Last Standing Kenyan Boxer Elizabeth Akinyivon Nation am 27/07/2021 um 14:14
[Nation] In Tokyo
- South Africa: Two Medals On Day Four of Olympics for Team SAvon Daily Maverick am 27/07/2021 um 13:11
[Daily Maverick] Tokyo -- South Africa got onto the medal board with silver in the pool for Tatjana Schoenmaker.
- Kenya: Kenya's Taekwondo Sensation Faith Ogallo Bows Out of Olympicsvon Nation am 27/07/2021 um 12:47
[Nation] Tokyo -- Kenya's taekwondo sensation Faith Ogallo was on Tuesday eliminated from the Tokyo Olympics after going down 13:0 Serbia's Mandic Milica in the 67kg category round of 16 on Tuesday.
- Egypt: Egyptian Olympic Committee Give Immediate Reward to Hedaya Malak And Seif Eissavon Egypt Online am 27/07/2021 um 12:36
[Egypt Online] Hisham Hatab, President of the Egyptian Olympic Committee, decided to give an immediate reward for Taekwondo players Hedaya Malak and Saif Eissa after winning the bronze mdals in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Egypt: Egypt's Table Tennis Player Assar Qualifies for Round of 16von Egypt Online am 27/07/2021 um 12:36
[Egypt Online] Egypt's table tennis player Omar Assar has qualified for the single men's round of 16 in the Tokyo Olympics.
- Kenya: Disappointing Shujaa Fall to Ireland, Miss Out on Quartersvon Nation am 27/07/2021 um 12:22
[Nation] Tokyo -- Kenya Sevens' hopes off advancing to the quartefinals of the rugby event ended Tuesday after they went down 7-12 to Ireland in their final pool C match of the Tokyo Olympic Games.
- South Africa: Tatjana Schoenmaker Bags Silver At Tokyo Olympicsvon SAnews.gov.za am 27/07/2021 um 11:14
[SAnews.gov.za] Minister of Sport, Arts and Culture, Nathi Mthethwa, has congratulated Tatjana Schoenmaker for winning a silver medal in the women's 100m breaststroke final at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Kenya: New Date for Cecafa Women's Champions League Qualifiersvon Nation am 27/07/2021 um 11:07
[Nation] The Caf women's Champions League qualifiers for the Council of East and Central Africa (Cecafa) region will run from August 7 to August 21.
- Kenya: East African Rally Returns Under New Ownersvon Nation am 27/07/2021 um 11:05
[Nation] The East African Classic Safari Rally will be run in November this year. The event will be run from November 1 to 9 with approximately three stages per day over a period of eight days. The total distance will be approximately 4000km.
- Kenya: Malkia Strikers Target Comeback Against Koreansvon Nation am 27/07/2021 um 11:03
[Nation] Tokyo -- Malkia Strikers return to the Ariake Arena here for the second match of the women's volleyball tournament against South Korea from 9.45pm Tuesday (3.45pm Kenyan time).
- Kenya: Kipruto Banks on Teamwork to Yield Marathon Goldvon Nation am 27/07/2021 um 11:00
[Nation] The 2019 World Athletics Championships marathon bronze medallist, Amos Kipruto, is banking on rigorous preparation to deliver victory on his first appearance at the 2020 Olympic Games in Japan.
- South Africa/Zimbabwe: Willard Katsande Set for Kaizer Chiefs Exitvon New Zimbabwe am 27/07/2021 um 09:51
[New Zimbabwe] Former Warriors captain Willard Katsande is set to end his decade long career at South African Premiership giants Kaizer Chiefs after the Soweto giants opted against offering him new contract ahead of the new season.
- Zimbabwe: Zim Shifts Attention to Swimmer Wetzlar At Olympicsvon The Herald am 27/07/2021 um 09:42
[The Herald] AFTER an interesting show by Donata Katai on Sunday when she made her debut at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, attention shifts to another swimmer Peter Wetzlar, who will be out in the pool today for the men's 100m freestyle at Tokyo Aquatics Centre.
- Zimbabwe: Derek Rallies Behind Son Scottvon The Herald am 27/07/2021 um 09:42
[The Herald] DEREK Vincent, father to Zimbabwean professional golfer Scott, believes his son has the potential to make the cut when he tees off at the Tokyo Olympic Games on Thursday.
- Zimbabwe: Zifa, PSL Mourn Kwashivon The Herald am 27/07/2021 um 09:42
[The Herald] HARARE football giants CAPS United yesterday said Steve "The Dude" Kwashi's name will forever be emblazoned in the annals of the club's history as they reflected on the big role he played during one of the club's finest hours in 1996.
- Kenya: Shujaa's Olympic Medal Hopes Ended After Loss to Irelandvon Capital FM am 27/07/2021 um 09:10
[Capital FM] Nairbi -- Kenya's hopes of medalling at the Olympic Games were quashed on Tuesday after losing their third successive pool match, going down 12-7 to Ireland at the Tokyo Stadium to ending their hopes of sneaking through to the Cup quarters.
- Kenya: Tearful Amonde Heartbroken After Another Olympic Medal Missvon Capital FM am 27/07/2021 um 09:09
[Capital FM] Tokyo -- Kenya Sevens skipper Andrew Amonde was emotional after the team failed in yet another bid to vie for a medal in the Olympic Games, but has called on his teammates to walk with their heads held high because he believes they did their best.