AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Ghana: Cycling - Tour Du Ghana Begins Tomorrowvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] The flagship event of the Ghana Cycling Federation (GCF), Tour Du Ghana will make a grand return from tomorrow to Monday, July 11 with the finest cyclists in the country set to compete for glory.
- Ghana: 'Nsoatreman in GPL to Stay'von Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] Newly promoted side, NsoatremanFCare not in the elite league to add up to the numbers but make a big impact and establish themselves as a formidable force to reckon with, Mr Joel Kofi Gyempeh, Communications Director of the Club has said.
- Africa: Ghana Banned From U-17 WWC African Qualifiersvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has banned Ghana from competing in the next two editions of the U-17 Women's World Cup African qualifiers due to age fraud.
- Ghana: Torgah Urges Girls to Embrace Golf Opportunitiesvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] Ghana's golf sensation, Vincent Torgah has urged young golfers, especially females to be focused and take the sport seriously if they want to become icons in future.
- Ghana: Ridge City FC Crowned Garfa Women's Dol Champions ... Ningo Ladies Place Thirdvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:17
[Ghanaian Times] Ridge City FC have been crowned champions of the Greater Accra Regional Football Association (GARFA) Women's Division One League (DOL) after beating Blessed Ladies FC 4-0 in the Champion of Champions game played at the McDan La Town Park on Sunday.
- Nigeria: Super Falcons Remain Positive Despite Loss to South Africa, Says Coach Waldrumvon Vanguard am 05/07/2022 um 10:54
[Vanguard] Randy Waldrum, Head Coach of the Super Falcons of Nigeria, says his team is unfazed, inspite of their 1-2 loss to South Africa at the 2022 Women's Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON).
- Gambia: Gunjur United Daze Red Hawks to Fancy 1st Division Promotion Aspirationsvon The Point am 05/07/2022 um 09:44
[The Point] Gunjur United on Saturday defeated Red Hawks FC 1-0 in their week-26 clash played at the Late Ousman Saho Football Field in Old Yundum to fancy their Gambia Football Federation (GFF) Division One League promotion aspirations.
- Gambia: Coach Tom Saintfiet, Musa Barrow, James Gomez Nominated for CAF Awardsvon The Point am 05/07/2022 um 09:44
[The Point] Scorpion's Musa Barrow and defender James Gomez have been shortlisted for the 2022 CAF Awards.
- Gambia: Mattar M'boge Appointed As Loudoun United FC Assistant Coachvon The Point am 05/07/2022 um 09:44
[The Point] Loudoun United FC announced today the addition of Mattar M'Boge as assistant coach. "I'm very excited to join the team and help the club achieve success. I visited the organisation back in January on a study tour and was impressed with the facilities, the player development pathway, quality of players and most of all the dedication and knowledge from everyone involved," said Loudoun United Assistant Coach, Mattar M'Boge. "It was a great pleasure to meet Stewart Mairs and Ryan Martin so to now have the oppo
- Kenya: The Next Eldoret Express? Youngster Jepchirchir Keen to Rule the Two-Lap Race in Cali World Juniorsvon Capital FM am 05/07/2022 um 07:59
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- After she was named in the Kenyan team to the World Under 20 Championship, junior athlete Nelly Jepchirchir says her ultimate objective is to become the new Janeth Jepkosgei - famously known as Eldoret Express.
- South Africa/Nigeria: South Africa's Banyana Banyana Overcome Nigeria's Super Falcons in WAFCON Openervon Premium Times am 05/07/2022 um 07:06
[Premium Times] Though Rasheedat Ajibade pulled one back for the Super Falcons in stoppage time, it wasn't enough to earn Randy Waldrum's side a share of the spoils.
- South Africa/Morocco: Nigeria vs South Africa - Super Falcons, Bayana Bayana Rekindle Rivalry in Moroccovon Premium Times am 05/07/2022 um 06:58
[Premium Times] The Group C opener between the Super Falcons and Bayana Bayana is generating a lot of interest
- Tanzania: Giants Draw Battle Lines for Community Shieldvon Daily News am 05/07/2022 um 06:57
[Daily News] THE 2022/23 NBC Premier League season will again be flagged off with the Dar es Salaam Derby pitting Young Africans against rivals Simba at Benjamin Mkapa Stadium in Dar es Salaam on August 13th.
- Tanzania: Yanga Treble Huge Milestone-Kazevon Daily News am 05/07/2022 um 06:57
[Daily News] YOUNG Africans have described last season as exceptional after winning a treble of titles and playing 35 competitive domestic matches unbeaten saying next season, they will try to replicate the performance.
- Tanzania: Football in Geita Goes Next Levelvon Daily News am 05/07/2022 um 06:57
[Daily News] GEITA Region Women Football Association's chairperson, Veronica Samo has called upon the football fans in the Geita region to turn up and support the newly crowned Geita Region's Women League champions UVCCM Queens.
- Angola: Angola Play Comoros for First Timevon ANGOP am 05/07/2022 um 06:42
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Angola and the Comoros Islands will face each other on Wednesday at 5pm, in the debut of the COSAFA Cup (group A), at the King Zwelithini stadium, in Durban, South Africa, in the first match between both national teams.
- Kenya: Kenya Morans End Woeful World Cup Dream With Double Loss in Egyptvon Capital FM am 05/07/2022 um 05:46
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Failing to prepare is preparing to fail and the Kenya Morans reaped heavily the fruits of a horrendous and troublesome build up to the second round of the 2023 FIBA World Cup qualification group stage matches after earning back to back losses in Egypt over the weekend.
- Kenya: Women's Cricket Coach Ndege Optimistic Despite Kwibuka Heartbreakvon Capital FM am 05/07/2022 um 05:45
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- National women's cricket coach Francis Ndege has labelled their outing at last month's Kwibuka T20 Tournament in Rwanda a success despite relinquishing their title to Tanzania.
- Kenya: Zameer's WRC Safari Rally Dream Set to Propel Promising Rally Careervon Capital FM am 05/07/2022 um 05:34
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Being a second generation driver has its ups and downs. For one, you are always under pressure to go one better than your seniors and you always strive to cement a decent reputation in your rally-sport career.
- Kenya: Quest for Gold in Cali Causing Sleepless Nights for Bronze Medalist Cherotichvon Capital FM am 05/07/2022 um 05:33
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- World Under 20 3000m steeplechase bronze medalist Faith Cherotich says a gold medal at next month's World Under 20 Championship is the bare minimum for her.
- Egypt: Egyptian Basketball Icons Reflect on Rivalry, Friendship On and Off Courtvon New Times am 05/07/2022 um 05:31
[New Times] Top continental basketball icons Mostafa Kejo and Marwan Sarhan have reflected on their "long time" friendship off the court, despite facing each other as direct competitors on many occasions.
- Rwanda: Moise Mugisha in Race to Be Fit for Commonwealth Gamesvon New Times am 05/07/2022 um 05:29
[New Times] Rwandan rider Moise Mugisha is undergoing medical care as he bids to be fit for the forthcoming Commonwealth Games that take place from July 28 to August 8 in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Beats Uganda in Davis Cup Openervon New Times am 05/07/2022 um 05:28
[New Times] Rwanda's national Tennis team started the Davis Cup Africa Group IV tourney on a perfect note after beating Uganda in a Group A opening match of the tournament that officially opened in Kigali on Monday, July 4.
- Africa: CAF Postpones 2023 Afcon to 2024von New Times am 05/07/2022 um 05:17
[New Times] The President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), Dr. Patrice Mostepe has revealed that the 34th edition of the AFCON which was slated for Ivory Coast in June 2023 has been rescheduled to 2024.
- Africa: AFCON 2023 Moved to 2024 Over Weather Concernsvon Ghanaian Times am 04/07/2022 um 13:40
[Ghanaian Times] The next Africa Cup of Nations will be played in Cote d'Ivoire in 2024, and not 2023, Confederation of African Football (CAF) president Patrice Motsepe said yesterday.
- Kenya: From Brink of Hopelessness, Long Jumper Chepngetich Earns Historic Ticket to Calivon Capital FM am 04/07/2022 um 12:01
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kericho-born Winnie Chepngetich could barely hide her joy after she was selected to join Team Kenya to next month's World Athletics Under 20 Championship in Cali, Colombia.
- Rwanda: Fiba World Cup Qualifiers - Rwanda Bow Outvon New Times am 04/07/2022 um 12:01
[New Times] The national basketball team is out of the FIBA World Cup qualifiers after finishing at the bottom of Group B.
- Africa: Africa Cup of Nations Postponed to 2024von RFI am 04/07/2022 um 09:57
[RFI] African football bosses have announced a rescheduling of the next Africa Cup of Nations in Cote d'Ivoire.
- Zimbabwe: Williams Set for Zimbabwe Comeback for ICC T20 World Cup Qualifiervon New Zimbabwe am 04/07/2022 um 08:16
[New Zimbabwe] The Zimbabwe cricket team is set to receive a massive boost ahead of the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier B in Bulawayo with experienced batting all-rounder Sean Williams due to make his long-awaited return to the squad.
- Africa: CAF Confirms Postponement of 2023 Africa Cup of Nationsvon Premium Times am 04/07/2022 um 06:53
[Premium Times] CAF through its President, Patrice Motsepe, made the announcement on Sunday