AllAfrica News: Sport All Africa, All the Time.
- Africa: Namibia Prepares for CHAN Openervon Namibia Economist am 18/01/2021 um 14:53
[Namibia Economist] The 2020 Total African Nations Championship (CHAN) kicked off on Saturday 16 January in Cameroon.
- Congo-Brazzaville/Congo-Kinshasa: Ushindi Strikes to Settle CHAN Clash of the Congosvon Namibian am 18/01/2021 um 14:47
[Namibian] CLINICAL Chico Ushindi scored just after half-time to give the Democratic Republic of Congo a 1-0 win over Congo Brazzaville Sunday and the lead in Group B of the African Nations Championship (Chan).
- Kenya: Olunga Is a Good Addition to the Team, Says Al Duhail Coachvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 14:09
[Nation] Al-Duhail SC Coach Sabri Lamouchi has praised his new signing Kenyan international Michael Olunga.
- Kenya: Sikh Union Launch Rally Training Programmevon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 14:07
[Nation] Nairobi's Simba Union Club has revived its training rally programme that has also been well received by World Rally Championships officials as "the best bet to tap talents at a very young age."
- Kenya: Mbugua Wins 'King of the Course' At Ruiruvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 13:59
[Nation] Saturday was a perfect day for Ruiru golfer Josphat Mbugua as he managed to overcome a strong field of 289 golfers to emerge the overall winner of the ICEA LION 'King of the Course' third leg at the par 72 Ruiru Sports Club course.
- Kenya: Can Anyone Stop GSU From Winning a Fourth Straight Title?von Nation am 18/01/2021 um 13:56
[Nation] Kenya Volleyball Federation men's champions General Service Unit (GSU) coach, Gideon Tarus, says he is spoilt for choice as they chase a fourth straight gong ahead of this season's National League that serves off this weekend at the Nyayo National Stadium in Nairobi.
- Kenya: Virus Tests - Don't Gamble With Lives of Playersvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 12:58
[Nation] Sometimes we do not know whether to weep or just laugh off football management in this country. Football leagues of all tiers are going on at the moment and yet we do not know if the Covid-19 rules are being followed by Football Kenya Federation (FKF).
- Cameroon/Zimbabwe: CHAN Off to Explosive Startvon Namibian am 18/01/2021 um 11:11
[Namibian] The African Nations Championship got off to an explosive start on and off the field in Cameroon over the weekend.
- Zimbabwe: Chikwende Makes Perfect Landing At Simba SCvon The Herald am 18/01/2021 um 10:40
[The Herald] ATTACKING midfielder Perfect Chikwende has paid tribute to his former coach at FC Platinum, Norman Mapeza, for the role he played in shaping his career for the big stage.
- South Africa: Icasa's Demand That Sport Be Broadcast Free to Air Is Flawed and Futilevon Daily Maverick am 18/01/2021 um 10:39
[Daily Maverick] In the South African landscape, pay TV channel SuperSport, a subsidiary of MultiChoice, has been the equivalent of BSkyB. There is no doubt that SuperSport has a monopoly on sports broadcasting in South Africa, just as there is no doubt that SuperSport has delivered billions of rands to sporting bodies in return.
- Zimbabwe: Early Planning Needed for 2022 Awconvon The Herald am 18/01/2021 um 10:39
[The Herald] Following the announcement of Morocco as hosts for the 2022 Africa Women's Cup of Nations, ZIFA technical director Wilson Mutekede says planning has to start now to ensure they have a competitive side.
- Cameroon: Why Cameroon Is Obsessed With Hosting the Afconvon New Frame am 18/01/2021 um 10:18
[New Frame] The African nation is hoping to use the tournament to paper over the divisions of the Anglophone crisis and the cracks made by a dictator who has ruled for almost four decades. Will it work?
- South Africa: How Percy Tau Can Contribute to Brighton's Relegation Fightvon Daily Maverick am 18/01/2021 um 10:18
[Daily Maverick] How will the Bafana Bafana forward fit into the English top flight and how quickly will he adapt to the rigours of one of the most prestigious leagues in world football?
- South Africa: Cheslin Kolbe, a Beacon of Light in Sport's Dark Timesvon Daily Maverick am 18/01/2021 um 10:03
[Daily Maverick] He was always told that he was 'too small' to play professional rugby, but the Springbok World Cup star never let that assumption keep him from proving to be an inspiration for many. Today, he devotes much of his time and energy to helping others.
- Rwanda: Covid-19 - Tour Du Rwanda 2021 Postponed to Mayvon New Times am 18/01/2021 um 09:55
[New Times] The 13th edition of Tour du Rwanda that was slated from February 21-28 has been postponed to May 2-9 by Rwanda's cycling governing body following the recent spike in Covid-19 infections.
- Zimbabwe: Sweet Victory for Jefferies in Dubaivon The Herald am 18/01/2021 um 09:48
[The Herald] Ace Zimbabwean motor racing driver Axcil Jefferies buried himself in glory on Saturday after sweeping to victory in the 2021 Hankook 24H Dubai at Dubai Autodrome in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Kenya: Inside SportPesa's Sh95 Billion Tax Gamble as KRA Digs invon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 09:32
[Nation] As businessman Paul Ndung'u is shown his way out of the boardroom of troubled gaming firm SportPesa, the shareholders' woes are set to deepen further as Kenya Revenue Authority moves in to demand Sh95 billion in tax arrears and penalties.
- Kenya: New Calendar for Amatuer Golf Outvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 09:32
[Nation] National amateur golf is set to resume this month in the country, following last year's cancellation of the entire national calendar, save for the two major events, the Kenya Amateur Match Play Championship and Kenya Open Amateur Strokeplay championship.
- Kenya: Things Begin to Look Up as Bandari Gets a New Boardvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 09:32
[Nation] A week after Bandari appointed a new technical bench led by Rwandese Cassa Mbungo to take over following the departure of head coach Ken Odhiambo to Sofapaka, the club's board has been re-constituted in a bid to turn the team's dwindling fortunes.
- Kenya: Tusker Overcome Sharks as Bandari Sink Homeboyz in Premier League Thrillervon Capital FM am 18/01/2021 um 09:31
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Brian Marita and Henry Meja netted a brace each as 10-man Tusker FC saw off Kariobangi Sharks 4-2 in a Football Kenya Federation Betking Premier League thriller played at the Kasarani Annex on Saturday.
- Malawi: Wanderers Still Searching for Winning Mentality, Draw With Tigersvon Nyasa Times am 18/01/2021 um 09:28
[Nyasa Times] Mighty Wanderers FC played reasonably well during Sunday's match against Tigers FC but they still have so much to prove as their ambition to secure their second win was checked by a stubborn Kau-Kau boys , who claimed a hard-fought point from a forgettable encounter at Kamuzu Stadium.
- Cameroon/Zimbabwe: Warriors Coach Still Hopeful Despite Cameroon Lossvon New Zimbabwe am 18/01/2021 um 08:43
[New Zimbabwe] WARRIORS coach Zdravko Logarusic has backed his charges to bounce back from the disappointment of their loss to Cameroon in the opening match of the 2021 African Nations Championships (CHAN) as he braces for the second Group A clash against Burkina Faso Wednesday.
- Zimbabwe: Loga in Pre-Match Juju Dramavon The Herald am 18/01/2021 um 08:24
[The Herald] WARRIORS coach Zdravko Logarusic rekindled the debate about the use of "juju" in African football after a picture of him with a dead bat found at centre circle of the Ahmadou Ahidjo Stadium in Yaoundé and the caption "witchcraft in Cameroon" circulated on social media networks.
- Rwanda: CHAN 2020 - Six Key Battles as Amavubi Take on Cranesvon New Times am 18/01/2021 um 07:54
[New Times] It has been a long time since the Amavubi Stars played regional rivals Uganda Cranes.
- Kenya: Home Player Madoya Wins Great Rift Safari Tourvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 07:48
[Nation] Home player Justus Madoya lived to expectations of his fans, by beating his close friend Robson Chinhoi from Zimbabwe and Thika Sports Club's Simon Ngige by three shots, to claim the sixth leg of the 2021 Safari Tour golf series at the most challenging Great Rift Valley Golf Resort on Saturday.
- Kenya: Media Blackout Lifted as FKF, SJAK Reach Agreementvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 07:48
[Nation] Leading media houses Saturday lifted the ban on coverage of local football activities after Football Kenya Federation and Sports Journalist Association of Kenya (SJAK) reached a truce.
- Kenya: Unstoppable Mneria Seals Kenya Prisons Cross County Hat-Trickvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 07:48
[Nation] The trailblazing Charles Mneria blew away the field on his way to sealing an emphatic hat-trick in senior men's 10km race at the Kenya Prisons Service Cross Country Championships on Saturday at the Prisons Staff Training College, Ruiru.
- Kenya: Olunga's Al Duhail Proceed to Club World Cup Second Roundvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 07:48
[Nation] Michael Olunga's Al Duhail is through to the second round of 2020 Fifa Club World Cup without kicking a ball after their first round opponents Auckland City withdrew from the lucrative competition on Saturday.
- Kenya: Impressive Wanjiru Wins Maiden Prison Cross Country Titlevon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 07:48
[Nation] Rosemary Wanjiru was sublime in her execution leading from gun to finish to win her maiden Kenya Prisons Service Cross Country senior women's race at Prisons Staff Training College on Saturday.
- Kenya: Olunga's Qatar Move and a Transfer to Turkish 'Bottom' Clubvon Nation am 18/01/2021 um 07:48
[Nation] The biggest subject of debate among Kenyan sports lovers this week has been Michael Olunga's unexpected move from his stomping ground in Japan to Qatar.