Africa and Europe in the news, aggregated from diverse sources by allAfrica.com.
AllAfrica News: Europe and Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Tunisia: European Union Urges Resumption of Parliamentvon VOA am 28/07/2021 um 06:40
[VOA] The European Union on Tuesday stressed the need to preserve democracy and stability in Tunisia following Tunisian President Kais Saied's suspension of parliament and firing of the country's prime minister.
- Namibia: Another Large Consignment of Medical Supplies Arrives From Germanyvon Namibia Economist am 27/07/2021 um 16:00
[Namibia Economist] The combined value of all German assistance to Namibia in the fight against the Corona virus, is approaching N$200 million. This week, another batch of medical supplies, valued at around N$4 million arrived in the country.
- Tunisia: EU High Representative Calls for 'Restoring Institutional Stability As Soon As Possible'von Tunis Afrique Presse am 27/07/2021 um 14:21
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Josep Borrell on Tuesday said that "the EU is closely following the development of the situation in Tunisia."
- Kenya: UK Makes Sh20bn Investment in Kenya's Big Four Projectsvon Nation am 27/07/2021 um 14:14
[Nation] The United Kingdom has announced Sh20 billion of new government and private investment into Big Four Projects, including affordable housing and manufacturing.
- Angola: Angolan President Starts Visit to Turkeyvon ANGOP am 27/07/2021 um 14:07
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The signature of agreements in various fields between the delegations of Angola and Turkey is the highlight point of the first day of the official visit of the President João Lourenço to Turkey, aimed at strengthening economic and business cooperation.
- Angola: Angola, Italy Discuss Bilateral Cooperationvon ANGOP am 27/07/2021 um 14:07
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Esmeralda Mendonça discussed Tuesday with the deputy minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Italy Marina Serenni aspects related to the strengthening of cooperation between the two countries in the most diverse Domains.
- Tunisia: France Calls 'For Respect for Rule of Law and Return, As Swiftly As Possible, to Normal Functioning of Institutions'von Tunis Afrique Presse am 27/07/2021 um 10:48
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- "France has taken note of the decisions announced by the Tunisian president," the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs said in a statement on July 26. "France is following developments in the political situation in Tunisia with the greatest attention. It is calling for respect for the rule of law and for the return, as swiftly as possible, to the normal functioning of the institutions, which must be able to focus on the response to the health, economic and social crisis," the same source added.
- Angola: Lourenço in Ankara for State Visitvon ANGOP am 27/07/2021 um 10:29
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Angolan president João Lourenço arrived Monday (26) in Ankara, Turkey, for a two-day state visit, at the invitation of his counterpart, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Rwanda: Genocide Fugitive Venant Rutunga Extradited From the Netherlandsvon New Times am 27/07/2021 um 10:22
[New Times] The Dutch government has extradited Venant Rutunga, the former regional director of ISAR Rubona, an agricultural research institute located in the southern district of Huye, formerly known as Butare Prefecture.
- Egypt: Egypt Restores Artifact Smuggled to the Netherlands - Foreign Ministryvon Egypt Online am 27/07/2021 um 08:43
[Egypt Online] The Foreign Ministry on Monday26/7/2021 announced it succeeded, in cooperation with the Tourism and Antiquities Ministry, in restoring an artifact dating back to the Old or Middle Kingdom before being sold in a Dutch auction.
- Zimbabwe: Footballer Hadebe Stays Groundedvon The Herald am 27/07/2021 um 08:35
[The Herald] WARRIORS and Houston Dynamo defender Teenage Hadebe is happy with how he has started life in the Major League Soccer in the United States.
- Equatorial Guinea: Sanctions On President's Son - London Embassy to be Closedvon DW am 27/07/2021 um 06:09
[DW] The London embassy will close after the UK sanctioned the son of Equatorial Guinea's president last week. Britain has barred the president's son from entry and frozen his assets.
- Kenya: Education Summit, Big Four Top Agenda as Kenyatta Heads to UKvon Nation am 27/07/2021 um 05:18
[Nation] President Uhuru Kenyatta is heading to the United Kingdom for a packed three-day visit during which he will hold talks with Prime Minister Boris Johnson and co-host the official welcome reception for the Global Education Summit.
- Gambia: EU Allocates Over D12 Millionin Aid to Windstorm Victimsvon The Point am 26/07/2021 um 14:57
[The Point] Banjul, 22 July 2021 - In response to the windstorm which hit The Gambia earlier this month, the European Union is providing ?200,000 (12,053,000 Gambian Dalasis) in humanitarian funding to assist the most affected people.
- South Africa: Springboks Will Have to Write a New Chapter to Win Lions Seriesvon Daily Maverick am 26/07/2021 um 13:52
[Daily Maverick] Only twice since World War 2 has the team winning the first Test of a series involving the British & Irish Lions gone on to lose the series.
- Kenya: President Kenyatta to Begin 3-Day UK Visit On Tuesdayvon Capital FM am 26/07/2021 um 12:57
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- President Uhuru Kenyatta is expected to arrive in the UK on Tuesday to chair Global Education Summit and hold talks on Kenya-UK strategic partnership.
- South Africa: Aspen Confirms Release of Covid-19 Vaccines to Johnson & Johnson for Supply to South Africavon Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited am 26/07/2021 um 10:01
[Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited] Aspen is pleased to confirm that the first supplies to South Africa of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines, from the new API source located in Europe, will be released to Johnson & Johnson from its flagship Gqeberha-based manufacturing site later today. These vaccines will be further distributed throughout South Africa in line with the various distribution arrangements between Johnson & Johnson, the National Department of Health and other stakeholders. In addition, vaccines from these batch
- Zimbabwe: Tawanda Masvanhise Impresses On Leicester City Debutvon New Zimbabwe am 26/07/2021 um 08:56
[New Zimbabwe] ZIMBABWEAN teenage sensation Tawanda Masvanhise has been earning rave reviews after impressing on his senior debut for English Premier League side Leicester City in their goalless draw during their first pre-season encounter against Burton Albion at Pirelli Stadium on Saturday.
- Tunisia: Tunisia Takes Delivery of Medical Supplies From Tunisian Expats, Sent From Italyvon Tunis Afrique Presse am 26/07/2021 um 08:29
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisia Saturday took delivery of medical equipment and supplies, oxygen concentrators, a modern ambulance and the first batch of medical oxygen, coming from Italy, under an initiative of Tunisian expatriates to support their country in fighting COVID-19, said the Presidency of the Republic.
- Tunisia: Tunisia Receives Medical Supplies From Portuguese Republicvon Tunis Afrique Presse am 26/07/2021 um 08:29
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- Tunisia received on Saturday medical supplies and equipment provided by Portugal to support the country fight the COVID-19 spread, said the Presidency of the Republic.
- Zimbabwe: UK Deportations, End of Era of Liesvon The Herald am 26/07/2021 um 08:08
[The Herald] Senior Reporter
- Africa: World Leaders Meet to Raise U.S.$5 Billion for Education, Lobby Govts to Do More for Schoolgirlsvon East African am 26/07/2021 um 08:05
[East African] Leaders from across the world will convene in London this week, to fundraise for education and seek political commitment from governments to prioritise financing the sector from domestic resources despite pandemic pressures on public expenditure.
- Kenya: Agriculture, Technology Top Agenda as Kenyatta Meets Irish Foreign Ministervon Capital FM am 26/07/2021 um 07:45
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- President Uhuru Kenyatta Friday at State House, Mombasa, held talks with the visiting Foreign Affairs Minister of the Republic of Ireland Simon Coveney.
- Malawi: President Chakwera Flies to London For Education Summitvon Nyasa Times am 26/07/2021 um 07:39
[Nyasa Times] President Dr. Lazarus Chakwera has this evening departed the Kamuzu International Airport (KIA) for the United Kingdom where he is expected to participate in this year's Global Education Summit.
- Rwanda: Death of 15-Year-Old Rwandan in London Ignites Campaign Against Knife Violencevon New Times am 26/07/2021 um 06:25
[New Times] A 15-year-old Rwandan teen who was recently stabbed to death in London was mourned on Saturday, July 24 in an event that was characterized by calls on UK authorities to find ways of stopping knife violence, which has become rampant among teenagers in the country.
- Zimbabwe: No Farms for UK Deportees - Zanu-PFvon New Zimbabwe am 25/07/2021 um 11:18
[New Zimbabwe] THE ruling Zanu PF party denies it has offered the 14 Zimbabweans deported from the United Kingdom last Thursday access to land for farming.
- Zimbabwe: UK Home Minister Unapologetic for Deporting Zimbabweansvon New Zimbabwe am 24/07/2021 um 11:45
[New Zimbabwe] UNITED Kingdom Home Office Secretary Priti Patel says he remains unapologetic for overseeing the deportation of 14 Zimbabwean this week.
- Malawi: UK Opens Up Market for Malawi's Agro-Business Sectorvon Nyasa Times am 24/07/2021 um 11:30
[Nyasa Times] Malawi's largest development partner, the UK Government, has announced that they are geared to opening up the Agro-business trade and investment for its former protectorate, Malawi as a way to get more Malawian products on the British retail shelves.
- Zimbabwe: UK Announces Sanctions Against Top Officialvon Nation am 23/07/2021 um 12:53
[Nation] The United Kingdom has imposed an asset freeze and travel ban on one of Zimbabwe President Emmerson Mnangagwa's advisors for alleged corruption.
- Zimbabwe: 'He Is Our Breadwinner' Tearful Mother As Son Is Deported From UKvon New Zimbabwe am 23/07/2021 um 09:32
[New Zimbabwe] "I AM hurt, I do not even know where or how he will restart his life," said a mother, waiting in vain to catch a glimpse of her 32-year-old son on arrival at the Robert Gabriel International Airport Thursday.