Africa and Europe in the news, aggregated from diverse sources by allAfrica.com.
AllAfrica News: Europe and Africa All Africa, All the Time.
- Kenya: Economists Say Newly-Arrived Ukrainian Wheat Could Ease Hungervon [email protected] (VOA) am 24/03/2023 um 05:55
[VOA] Nairobi, Kenya -- Kenyan economists say newly-arrived wheat imports from Ukraine could help ease hunger in drought-stricken areas and bring down high food prices. Thirty thousand tons of wheat arrived in Kenya Monday under the U.N.-brokered Black Sea Grain Initiative, in which Russia agreed not to block Ukrainian grain shipments. But Russian President Vladimir Putin warned this week that Moscow could end the deal within 60 days.
- Algeria: Algeria-Italy Relations Based On Strong, Transparent Friendshipam 23/03/2023 um 08:43
[Algerie Presse Service] The President of the Republic, Abdelmadjid Tebboune said that the "strategic" relations uniting Algeria and Italy were based on a "strong" and "transparent" friendship that dates back to the Liberation War.
- Somalia: Italy Donates Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV) to Somali Policeam 23/03/2023 um 08:19
[Shabelle] Mogadishu -- The state Minister for Security Mohamed Ali Hagaa and the Somali Police Commander General Sulub Ahmed Firin participated in the event of the Italian Embassy handing over vehicles donated by the Italian government to the Police Forces.
- Namibia: Namdia's Lack of Genocide Remembrance Support Angers Traditional Leadersvon [email protected] (Namibian) am 23/03/2023 um 08:05
[Namibian] THE Nama Traditional Leaders Association (NTLA) has slammed the Namdia Foundation's lack of support with regards to hosting a genocide remembrance slated for 21 and 22 April at Shark Island, at Lüderitz in the ||Kharas region.
- Tunisia: EU Ready to Develop Cooperation With Tunisia in Green Hydrogenam 23/03/2023 um 07:59
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Tunis/Tunisia -- The European Union and Tunisia share a "win-win" partnership and the EU is willing to scale up bilateral cooperation in the green hydrogen field, said Director General of the Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations (NEAR) Gert-Jan Koopman
- Tanzania: Clarifying German Colonial-Era Atrocities in Tanzaniaam 23/03/2023 um 05:00
[DW] The process of coming to terms with German colonial-era crimes in Tanzania is intended to strengthen relations. The two countries are also in talks on reparations.
- Africa: The Loud Part the IPCC Said Quietly, Global North Needs to Use Less Energy #AfricaClimateHopeam 22/03/2023 um 09:03
[African Arguments] You can't replace fossil fuels with renewables like swapping out a battery. The Global North will also have to drastically reduce its energy use.
- Niger: Niger Credited With Negotiating Release of U.S. Aid Worker, French Journalistvon [email protected] (VOA) am 22/03/2023 um 07:42
[VOA] Dakar -- The government of Niger says it negotiated the release of a U.S. aid worker and a French journalist who were held captive by Islamist militants in the Sahel region. Aid worker and missionary Jeffery Woodke was held for more than six years, while reporter Olivier Dubois spent nearly two years in captivity.
- Zimbabwe: Amapiano-Zimdancehall Fest Set for UKam 22/03/2023 um 05:17
[The Herald] Turkish-based Zimbabwean fashion and events management guru and promoter Prince Farai Mudzingwa, affectionately known as Styllz, is ready to host the Amapiano-Zimdancehall festival this weekend in the United Kingdom.
- Africa: AU, EU and UN Push for Urgent Action to Address the Pressing Needs of Migrants and Refugees in Libyavon [email protected] (UNHCR) am 21/03/2023 um 12:04
[UNHCR] Joint Press Release
- Gambia: Gambia Joins Rest of World to Celebrate Francophonievon [email protected] (The Point) am 21/03/2023 um 09:37
[The Point] The Gambia, though Alliance Francaise de Banjul, on Thursday joined the rest of the world to celebrate Francophonie week, an event celebrated all over the world every March.
- Mozambique: EU Provides U.S.$1.85 Million Dollars in Emergency Aidvon [email protected] (AIM) am 21/03/2023 um 06:51
[AIM] Maputo -- The European Union on Monday announced immediate emergency aid to Mozambique of 1.85 million US dollars, in response to devastating floods, the impact of tropical cyclone Freddy, and the current cholera outbreak.
- Kenya: Kenya Receives 30,000 Tonnes of Wheat From Ukraineam 20/03/2023 um 12:59
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenya has received 30,000 metric tonnes of wheat from Ukraine to help families affected by drought and famine.
- Ghana: La Liga Grassroots Football to Roll Out Soon in Ghanaam 20/03/2023 um 11:44
[Ghanaian Times] La Liga Grassroots Football, an initiative aimed at setting up a world class football academy in Ghana using the Spanish top tier model will soon roll out in the country.
- Africa: 'Russia's Wagner Mercenaries Turn Chaos into Cash'am 20/03/2023 um 07:12
[State Department] U.S. Marine Corps General Michael Langley, commander, U.S. Africa Command, delivered the 2023 U.S. Africa Command posture statement before the Senate Armed Services Committee March 16.
- Zimbabwe: First Lady Auxilia Mnangagwa Set to Visit Belarusam 20/03/2023 um 06:21
[New Zimbabwe] PRESIDENT Emmerson Mnangagwa's wife, Auxilia, is set to lead a delegation to Belarus as the European country 'assists' Zimbabwe to improve its health system.
- Rwanda: Genocide Fugitive in France Loses Case Over 'African Nazi' Labelam 17/03/2023 um 14:31
[New Times] A genocide fugitive in France who sued a journalist there over being labelled as an 'African Nazi' due to his role in the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi has lost his court case.
- Tunisia: EU Should Privilege Human Rights Over Politicsvon [email protected] (HRW) am 17/03/2023 um 11:24
[HRW] Brussels -- Joint Letter to EU Foreign Ministers
- Namibia: Russian Uranium Company Appeals Govt Decisionvon [email protected] (VOA) am 17/03/2023 um 06:58
[VOA] Windhoek, Namibia -- A court in Namibia is hearing an appeal by the local branch of Russia's state-owned atomic energy agency, Rosatom, which is seeking water permits needed for uranium mining.
- Central Africa: Central Africa Calls for Investments to Counter Impact of Russia's Warvon [email protected] (VOA) am 17/03/2023 um 06:56
[VOA] Yaoundé, Cameroon -- Central African economy ministers are calling for investing in energy and farming as Africa's poorest region struggles to recover from natural disasters, armed conflicts, and fallout from Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Heads of state from the six nations of regional bloc CEMAC meet Friday to discuss the challenges.
- Angola: João Lourenço Defends Ceasefire Between Russia and Ukraineam 17/03/2023 um 04:36
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Angolan President João Lourenço said Wednesday that Angola continues to work with its international partners in the quest for an immediate ceasefire between Russia and Ukraine.
- Ghana: 500 Days to Paris 2024 Marked ...As French Ambassador Calls for Development of Talentsam 16/03/2023 um 14:33
[Ghanaian Times] The French Ambassador to Ghana, Mr Jules Armand Aniambossou, has reiterated the need to nurture sports talents as a tool for growth and development on the continent.
- Ghana: New Commonwealth Strategy Long Overdueam 16/03/2023 um 14:33
[Ghanaian Times] In 1949, countries, mainly former British colonies decided to maintain an association between countries that had once been part of the British colonies, but which were considered 'free and equal'.
- Rwanda: Explaining the West's Love Affair With Rwandaam 16/03/2023 um 06:50
[DW] Enforced disappearances, no political opposition and a longtime president who tolerates no dissent. So why are Western democracies so bent on doing business with Rwanda?
- Kenya: Ukraine, Kenya Street Artists to Jointly Create a Mural Triptych in Nairobiam 16/03/2023 um 05:45
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Ukrainian Institute and agency for cultural development, Port will present "Grains of Culture" --The Wall project in Nairobi on Friday.
- Gambia: VP Jallow Receives Turkish Ambassadorvon [email protected] (The Point) am 15/03/2023 um 12:21
[The Point] His Excellency Vice President Mohammed BS Jallow on Monday 13 March 2023 received in audience the Turkish ambassador to The Gambia, Tolga BERMEK.
- Africa: Tales of Women at Seaam 15/03/2023 um 12:07
[MSF] Testimonies of survivors fleeing across the central Mediterranean
- Ghana: Ghana Proposes New Commonwealth Strategyam 15/03/2023 um 11:30
[Ghanaian Times] Ghana has proposed the development of a new Commonwealth strategy to effectively address economic gaps in the 56 member states as the Commonwealth Charter turns 10 years.
- Ghana: Establish a New Commonwealth Strategy to Address Economic Gaps - Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairsam 15/03/2023 um 11:19
[GhanaToday] The Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration (MoFARI), Mr Thomas Mbomba, has called on members of the Commonwealth to establish a new and effective strategy to address economic gaps and to maintain Commonwealth ideals in the face of rising populism.
- Kenya: Italian President Mattarella in Kenya for 4-Day Visitam 14/03/2023 um 08:00
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Italian President Sergio Mattarella is in the country for a four-day official visit.