AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Ghana: 'Consistent Media Highlights Will Increase Domestic, International Tourism in Ghana'am 23/03/2023 um 12:32
[Ghanaian Times] The President of the Ghana India Trade Advisory Chamber (GITAC), Mr Dominic Oduro-Antwi, has urged the media to intensify promotion of the Ghanaian culture and heritage for socio-economic development.
- Africa: A Microbiologist Reveals the Shocking Truth About Dirt and Germs in Hotel Roomsam 22/03/2023 um 07:50
[The Conversation Africa] For most of us, staying in a hotel room is either something of a necessity - think business travel - or something to look forward to as part of a holiday or wider excursion.
- Tanzania: Exploring Nyerere National Park Attractionsam 21/03/2023 um 15:20
[Daily News] JUST returned from my visit to Nyerere National Park, I can't wait to revisit the park in near future without penning down key highlights about the largest game reserve in the country.
- Seychelles: Seychelles to Obtain Flexibility for U.S. Visa Process, Says Us Ambassadoram 21/03/2023 um 15:07
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles and the United States will continue collaboration in maritime security, social and economic development as well as providing more flexibility for the US visa process as a top agenda, the newly accredited American ambassador to Seychelles said.
- Namibia: Tour Guide Regulation Loomsvon [email protected] (New Era) am 21/03/2023 um 08:14
[New Era] Walvis Bay -- Tourist guides operating in Namibia convened at the coast to discuss challenges and changes that will lead to the formalisation of the subsector in the tourism industry.
- Liberia: Road Fund Manager Hails President Weahvon [email protected] (New Republic) am 21/03/2023 um 07:54
[New Republic] The Manager of the National Road Fund, (NRF) Mr. Boniface D. Satu has heaped praises on the Liberian Leader, President George M. Weah for his immense construction aimed at transforming the country's road sector.
- Zimbabwe: Mana Pools Image Wins Prestigious World Nature Photography Awardam 19/03/2023 um 16:41
[New Zimbabwe] A picture of a crocodile swimming through the mud at the Mana Pools National Park in Zimbabwe has been selected as the grand prize winner of the 2022 World Nature Photography Awards (WNPA), which honoured the most evocative shots from thousands of entries in a variety of categories.
- Mozambique: Visa Waiver Announced for 28 Countriesvon [email protected] (AIM) am 17/03/2023 um 08:59
[AIM] The Mozambican government has approved a waiver on entry visas for tourism and business purposes. Speaking to reporters on 14 March, after the weekly meeting of the Council of Ministers (Cabinet), the official government spokesperson, Deputy Justice Minister Filimao Suaze, said the measure is intended to stimulate the tourism and business environment. He added that it forms part of the implementation of the package of Economic Acceleration Measures (PAE), launched by President Filipe Nyusi in August 2022.
- Tanzania: Kilwa Port Spices Tourism Boomam 17/03/2023 um 04:51
[Daily News] TANZANIA Ports Authority (TPA) has significantly improved service delivery at Kilwa Masoko Port, which has resulted in increased number of tourists in Southern Tanzania.
- Ghana: Finance Ministry Recommends Fees, Charges for New Road Tollsam 16/03/2023 um 08:27
[Ghanaian Times] The Ministry of Finance has recommended new fees and charges for inputs in the revised Road Tolls Act to enable the restart of the collection of road tolls.
- Mozambique: Visa Waiver Announced for 28 Countriesvon [email protected] (AIM) am 16/03/2023 um 07:38
[AIM] Maputo -- The Mozambican government has approved a waiver on entry visas, for tourism and business purposes, for citizens of countries that present a low risk of illegal immigration.
- Gambia: Transport Union President Urges Govt to Provide Public Garagesvon [email protected] (The Point) am 15/03/2023 um 12:21
[The Point] The president of the Gambia Transport Union, Omar Ceesay, has called on the government to provide standard garages for commercial vehicles.
- Ghana: Govt to Reintroduce the Payment of Road Tolls - Finance Ministryam 15/03/2023 um 11:19
[GhanaToday] 1 hour ago
- Liberia: A Potential Tourist Site Lies in Ruins - Liberia's First President's Grave Abandoned By Govtam 15/03/2023 um 10:42
[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- In other countries, the gravesites of their first Presidents are historical sites, and tourists come from all parts of the world to see them. However, it is not the case in Liberia as the first President of Liberia, Joseph Jenkins Roberts, and his entire family's graves are abandoned by the government and are lying at the historic Palm Groves, the most desecrated cemetery in Liberia.
- Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe, Zambia to Sign Ecosystems Dealam 15/03/2023 um 07:35
[The Herald] Zimbabwe and Zambia are set to conclude an agreement which is expected to foster transnational cooperation in ecosystems management through the establishment, development and management of the Lower Zambezi Mana Pools Transfrontier Conservation Area (LOZAMAP TFCA).
- Rwanda: Tourism Boss Rugwizangoga On Importance of Rwanda's Partnership With Balam 14/03/2023 um 11:48
[New Times] The Rwanda Development Board (RDB) Chief Tourism Officer, Michaëlla Rugwizangoga, on March 13, discussed the importance of Rwanda's partnership with the Basketball Africa League (BAL) in terms of sports promotion and tourism.
- Southern Africa: Botswana Govt Mulls Scrapping Passport Requirementam 14/03/2023 um 07:51
[The Herald] Zimbabwe and Botswana citizens will soon be using national identity cards as travel documents amid indications that Botswana president Mokgweetsi Masisi has hinted on scrapping use of passports between the two nations.
- Tanzania: What Sustainable Tourism Entailsam 13/03/2023 um 16:06
[Daily News] Arusha -- TOURISM stakeholders have expressed mixed views on how to realise the envisioned concept of Sustainable Tourism as Tanzania gears to receive five million tourists, come 2025.
- Botswana: President Masisi Wants to Scrap Passport Requirement for Zimbabweans Entering Botswanaam 13/03/2023 um 04:51
[New Zimbabwe] Botswana President Mokgweetsi Masisi is flirting with a proposal to allow nationals of the two countries to use national identity cards (IDs) to enter either jurisdiction.
- Zimbabwe: Air Zimbabwe Clears IATA Arrears, Eyes London Returnam 10/03/2023 um 06:53
[The Herald] Air Zimbabwe is expecting delivery of a new plane at the end of this month, while plans to resuscitate the London route are already underway following the clearance of the International Air Transport Association debt, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Development Felix Mhona told the National Assembly on Wednesday.
- Cameroon: Cameroon to Revamp Wildlife Reserve Hit By Terrorism, Poaching, Deforestationvon [email protected] (VOA) am 08/03/2023 um 06:44
[VOA] Yaounde, Cameroon -- Tourism officials in Cameroon are meeting to revamp the country's most important wildlife reserve, Waza National Park, which has suffered from terrorism, poaching, and deforestation. The park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site on Cameroon's northern border with Chad and Nigeria that used to attract thousands of visitors per year. Officials say Boko Haram terrorists scared off most tourists while poachers and illegal loggers continue to wreak havoc on the park. Moki Edwin Kindzeka reports from Yaoundé,
- Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe Heads to World Tourism Fairam 07/03/2023 um 15:44
[New Zimbabwe] The Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA) is set to promote the country at the forthcoming World Tourism Fair, International Tourism Bourse (ITB) set to kick off today (7/3/23) in Berlin, Germany.
- Angola: Angola At Portuguese Tourism Exchange With 20 Tour Operatorsam 07/03/2023 um 07:21
[ANGOP] Luanda -- Twenty tourism operators, including individuals and institutions, represent Angola at the Lisbon Tourism Exchange (BTL), which brings together, since March 1, exhibitors from different countries around the world, at the FIL building, in Parque das Nações (Nations' park).
- Kenya: National Carrier Launches Trafficking in Persons Policyam 07/03/2023 um 06:46
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- National Carrier, Kenya Airways (KQ)on Monday launched its Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Policy and Public Awareness Campaign in collaboration with the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).
- Zimbabwe: Fastjet Beefs Up Fleet Ahead of Kariba, Hwange Routes Launcham 06/03/2023 um 14:49
[263Chat] The first of FastJet's three Embraer 120 aircrafts meant to service new domestic routes-Kariba and Hwange National Park landed in Harare recently ahead of flights launch set for the 23rd of March.
- Egypt: Environment Minister Probes Means to Back Tourist Activities in Fayoum's Nature Reservesam 06/03/2023 um 09:42
[Egypt Online] Environment Minister Yasmine Fouad and Fayoum governor Ahmed El Ansary had a videoconference meeting with an investor in a nature reserve in the governorate.
- Malawi: President Chakwera, Polish and Maldives Leaders Discuss Agriculture, Tourism Investment Potentialam 06/03/2023 um 07:11
[Nyasa Times] President Lazarus Chakwera on Sunday held bilateral discussions with fellow world leaders on the sidelines of the 5th United Nations Conference on the Least Developed Countries where they discussed investment opportunities for Malawi in Agriculture and Tourism.
- Seychelles: Increase in Fees Introduced At Two Seychelles' Nature Reserves On Praslin Islandam 06/03/2023 um 07:09
[Seychelles News Agency] The entrance fees for individual tourists visiting the Vallee de Mai and Fond Ferdinand nature reserves on Praslin Island will increase as of Monday, March 6, the Seychelles Islands Foundation said on Thursday.
- Nigeria: Govt to Probe Foreign Airlines for Hike in Airfaream 04/03/2023 um 10:04
[Leadership] The federal government has disclosed its intention to investigate foreign airlines over closure of lower inventories that has led to astronomical increase in airfare.
- Zimbabwe: Fastjet Adds New Fleetam 03/03/2023 um 08:34
[The Herald] Domestic tourism in Zimbabwe will increase as fastjet Zimbabwe welcomed the first of three Embraer 120, a 30-seater aircraft, to its Harare base.