AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Uganda: Uganda Tourism On Growth Path but Needs Exposure and All the Goodwill It Can Get am 20/01/2020 um 06:28
[East African] Ntare Guma Mwine Mbaho, 52, is a Uganda born Hollywood actor who was recently appointed as Cultural Tourism Ambassador from the diaspora by the government of Uganda.
- South Africa: Uganda Airlines All Set to Fly to Johannesburg Soon am 19/01/2020 um 22:54
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala -Uganda's national carrier, Uganda Airlines, has made it official that it will unveil direct flights to Johannesburg, South Africa, soon.
- Somalia: Puntland President Appoints New Bosaso Airport Manager am 19/01/2020 um 11:41
[Shabelle] The leader of the Puntland State of Somalia Saed Abdullahi Deni has appointed a new manager for Bosaso airport on Sunday.
- Tanzania: Zanzibar Tourist Flow On Steady Increase am 18/01/2020 um 12:30
[Daily News] ZANZIBAR received 60,685 visitors last month, bringing to 538,264, the total number of tourist arrivals in 2019.
- Zimbabwe: Why the Economy Is Broken - What the Private Sector Can Do am 17/01/2020 um 12:11
[Zimbabwe Independent] Government has weakened itself by creating monopolies and appointing Zanu-PF officials in key positions in government departments and parastatals. The decision to do so was more political than professional.
- Zimbabwe: Tourism Takes Marketing Efforts to Fitur am 17/01/2020 um 11:33
[263Chat] As the world converges at the Spanish International Tourism Trade Fair, FITUR in Madrid, Spain from 22 - 26 January 2020, Zimbabwe will be among the 10 487 exhibitors from 165 countries.
- Liberia: Tricycles Plying Opposite Lane Dangerous am 17/01/2020 um 11:29
[New Dawn] -pedestrians warn
- Liberia: Transport Ministry Generates Over U.S.$700,000 am 17/01/2020 um 11:11
[New Dawn] -Deputy Minister Kollie
- Nigeria: Olateru - Agent of Change in AIB am 17/01/2020 um 10:57
[This Day] Aircraft Accident Investigation (AIB) is a big business in global aviation industry. Managing a body responsible for carrying out this function requires a serious-minded and an astute administrator. Engr. Akin Olateru, the Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Accident Investigation Bureau is a typical example of the maxim "a round peg in a round hole."
- Nigeria: Dana Air Wins Award am 17/01/2020 um 10:56
[This Day] Dana Air has won an award as the 'Most Stable Airline' in Nigeria at the 2019 Air Transport Industry Awards held recently in Lagos. The Editor-in-Chief of Air Transport Quarterly Magazine, Prince Supo Atobatele, while speaking during the ceremony said the award was in honor of some of the industry's finest individuals and corporate bodies whose penchant for hard work, innovation and capacity building has not only greatly improved the business of air transport but enhanced safety of the air space.
- Gambia: On GTSC New Buses! am 17/01/2020 um 09:53
[The Point] Sustainable public transport is at the heart of United Nation's 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is an indisputable fact that an efficient public transport system connects people, communities and societies, builds new markets and enhances the overall quality of life.
- South Africa: Ethekwini Pooh-Poohs Claims of Faecal Contamination At Umhlanga Beach As Hundreds Hit By Gastro am 16/01/2020 um 13:32
[Daily Maverick] More than 300 holidaymakers have reported that they contracted a gastro bug after swimming at Umhlanga's Bronze Beach. But authorities, and the local opposition councillor, say the lurgy wasn't in the seawater.
- South Africa: Business Tourism On a Growth Trajectory am 16/01/2020 um 13:30
[Global Africa Network] Limpopo's venues range from game lodges to conference centres.
- South Africa: Biodiversity Holds Great Potential for Growth in the Tourism Industry am 16/01/2020 um 13:28
[Global Africa Network] Between 2014 and 2018, Limpopo received more than 27.5-million domestic travellers and 8-million international tourists.
- Seychelles: President of Seychelles Makes First-Ever State Visit to Bahrain am 16/01/2020 um 12:50
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychellois holding diplomatic, special and official passports will not require visas when travelling to Bahrain after the signing of a visa waiver agreement during a first-ever state visit of President Danny Faure.
- Nigeria: The Agent of Change in AIB am 16/01/2020 um 11:39
[Vanguard] AIRCRAFT Accident Investigation is a big business in global aviation industry. Managing a body responsible for carrying out this function requires a serious-minded and an astute administrator. Engr. Akin Olateru, the Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer, CEO, of Accident Investigation Bureau, AIB, is a typical example of the maxim "a round peg in a round hole."
- Zimbabwe: Zimparks Records 5,6% Increase in Tourism am 16/01/2020 um 11:34
[The Herald] Victoria Falls Rainforest continues to record an increase in the number of people visiting the tourist attraction as 357 552 people visited the world heritage site last year compared to 338 472 in 2018.
- Sudan: Transport Company Discloses Plan On Operating System's Change am 16/01/2020 um 09:14
[SNA] Khartoum -The Public Transport Company Limited has revealed its plan to change the operating system of the company's vehicles and to return the ticket and lines system and monitoring by setting tariffs for each line, explaining that the plan devoted space to transfer students via Abouni system and the disabled for free. The Director of the Public Transport Company Ltd. Mohamed Dia El-Din added, in SUNA Regular Forum Thursday, that treatments are taking place to control the private sector by returning to the system o
- Sudan: Director of Transportation Company Criticizes Daily Deposit System am 16/01/2020 um 09:14
[SNA] Khartoum -The Director of the Transportation Company, Mohamed Dia El-Din has criticized the daily deposit system by the bus drivers, describing it as a flawed system. Dia El-Din explained, at the SUNA Regulor Forum on transportation problem in Khartoum State Thursday, that the bus drivers have been supplying a steady deposit even if the revenue is twice the value of the deposit, pointing to the impact of the continuous high price of spare parts on the financial position of the company, revealing that the company is
- Ethiopia: Tourists May Pay New Eco Tax am 15/01/2020 um 10:38
[Addis Fortune] Tourists will pay certain amount on top of visa fee.
- Ghana: Ethiopian/ Asky Airlines Commends Travel Agents for Continuous Support am 15/01/2020 um 09:03
[Ghanaian Times] Ethiopian Airlines aims to expand its network rapidly with new routes to Chennai, India and Houston, Texas in the United States in line with its strategic plan.
- Tanzania: Tanzania Goes Digital to Woo Chinese Tourists am 15/01/2020 um 06:30
[East African] Tanzania is going digital in its quest to attract more Chinese tourists to the country.
- Uganda: 2020 Will Be a Better Year for Tourism - Utb am 14/01/2020 um 16:24
[Monitor] As an agency in charge of marketing destination Uganda, what do you have lined up in 2020?
- Seychelles: Tourism Board to Focus On Low-Tourism Months am 14/01/2020 um 16:19
[Seychelles News Agency] The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) will focus on increasing the number of visitors in the months of May, June, and September, which are seen as low-performance months compared to the rest of the year.
- South Africa: SA Targets Indian Tourist Market am 14/01/2020 um 10:55
[SAnews.gov.za] South Africa's Tourism Minister will visit Mumbai, India, in a drive to grow tourist arrivals from the Asia-Pacific region.
- Gambia: GTSC Commissions Twenty New Buses am 14/01/2020 um 09:29
[Foroyaa] The Gambia Transport Services Company (GTSC) on Sunday January 12th commissioned twenty new buses held at its Headquarters in Kanifing.
- Guinea Bissau: Guinea Bissau Rules Out 'Laissez-Passer' Between Gambia and Bissau am 14/01/2020 um 09:29
[Foroyaa] The President Elect for Guinea Bissau, His Excellency, Umaro Sissoco Embalóu, has told journalists that with the coming into office of his regime, there will be no laissez passer between Gambia and Guinea Bissau.
- Gambia: GTSC Commissions 20 New Buses am 14/01/2020 um 08:39
[The Point] After years of uninterrupted service in the country's transportation sector, The Gambia Transport Service Company (GTSC) Sunday commissioned 20 new Ashok Leyland buses at a ceremony held its Kanifing Depot.
- Kenya: Job Losses As Firms Halt Operations Over Terror Attacks At Coast am 14/01/2020 um 07:24
[East African] As hoteliers at the Kenyan coast remain upbeat and have not reported any cancellations, the recent surge of deadly al Shabaab attacks in Lamu county in the northern Coast of Kenya is a cause for concern for public and private enterprises.
- Tanzania: By the Rufiji River We Set Up Camp am 14/01/2020 um 07:16
[East African] On the banks of the great Rufiji river, the brown waters flow past small isles and sand banks on their way to the Indian Ocean. It's overcast in December, with a light rain, but there are still great views from our secluded camp by the river.