AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Africa: Enhancing Intra-African Tourism the Way Forwardvon Citizen am 18/01/2021 um 13:00
[Citizen] Our lead story in yesterday's Life Style Magazine was on a subject-matter that is fast catching on in our part of the world: intra-African tourism. Titled 'A traveller's dream to make intra-Africa travel easy,' the article explored the tourism industry in general - doing so with considerable cooperation from a 20-year veteran of the travel and tourism business, one Ms Leina Lemomo.
- Tanzania: Govt Uplifts Domestic Tourismvon Daily News am 18/01/2021 um 10:03
[Daily News] IF travelling long distances in search of tourist attractions deters you from doing domestic tourism, the challenge may soon be over as the government moves to decentralize tourism centres.
- Botswana: Scenic Beauty Presents Tourism Potentialvon Botswana Daily News am 18/01/2021 um 08:44
[Botswana Daily News] Khumaga -- Botswana is adorned with untapped beautiful sites that can be developed to promote local tourism.
- Tanzania: All the 338 Tourists Confirmed Safe After Five-Star Hotels Catch Fire in Zanzibarvon Citizen am 17/01/2021 um 12:21
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- All the 338 tourists who were accommodated at the Ocean Paradise Resort and Spa and Tui Blue hotels in Zanzibar were rescued to safety after fire broke out at the two five-star hotels located at Kiwengwa beach in the northeastern coast.
- Nigeria: FAAN Records 5 Million Passengers in 6 Monthsvon This Day am 15/01/2021 um 13:07
[This Day] The domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, known as the General Aviation Terminal One (GAT) recorded over five million passengers between July and December, 2020.
- Seychelles: Seychelles Re-Opens to Any Tourist Who Has Received the Covid-19 Vaccinevon Seychelles News Agency am 15/01/2021 um 07:10
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles on Thursday re-opened its doors to visitors from anywhere in the world as long as they have taken both doses of the COVID-19 vaccination, said a top tourism official.
- East Africa: EA Tourism Pushes for Shared Virus Protocolsvon East African am 15/01/2021 um 07:09
[East African] Tourism players are arm-twisting their governments to harmonise Covid-19 protocols to ease movement of tourists in the region, as they become the only bet, after lowering expectations they had from their traditional key source markets of Europe, USA and China.
- South Africa: Thebe Tourism Group Acquisition a Step in Right Direction, Minister Saysvon SAnews.gov.za am 14/01/2021 um 14:45
[SAnews.gov.za] Tourism Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane has congratulated the newly appointed CEO of Thebe Tourism Group (TTG), Jerry Mabena and wished him success in their new venture.
- South Africa: Tourism in South Africa - an Industry Under Lockdown Fights for Its Own Survivalvon DW am 14/01/2021 um 09:25
[DW] South Africa's tourism sector continues to suffer under the weight of COVID-19. And there's no end in sight, as new restrictions dampen all hope for a recovery to even begin. Sertan Sanderson reports from Cape Town.
- Tanzania: Youths Urged to Promote Tourism, Cultural Heritage Attractionsvon Daily News am 14/01/2021 um 06:43
[Daily News] YOUTH in the country have been urged to recognize and cherish Tanzania's cultural heritage and cultivate a sense of patriotism, which is an important element to social and economic development.
- Tanzania: How to Ensure Tourists Come Backvon Citizen am 13/01/2021 um 13:52
[Citizen] There is a debate going on: that only 20 percent of foreign tourists to Tanzania tour the country again later. The million-dollar question then arises: why don't they make a return visit? In my view, there is a business-as-usual attitude among our tourist officials [Watalii watakuja tu. After all, we have Mount Kilimanjaro... ]
- Kenya: Kenya's Covid-19 Patient Zero Chases Miss Tourism Crown in Malaysiavon Nairobi News am 13/01/2021 um 10:42
[Nairobi News] Ivy Brenda Rotich, who was the first patient of Covid-19 in the country, is on a mission to be crowned Miss Tourism International in Malaysia on Sunday.
- Tanzania: Ttb, Embassy Sign Postcards to Promote Tz Tourism in Chinavon Daily News am 13/01/2021 um 07:20
[Daily News] TANZANIA Tourist Board (TTB) and Embassy of China in Tanzania have signed the postcards that will be used to promote Tanzanian tourism in China.
- Kenya: Naomi Campbell's Kenya Tourism Role Causes a Stirvon Nairobi News am 13/01/2021 um 04:17
[Nairobi News] Kenyans on social media have been angered by the Ministry of Tourism's decision to appoint British supermodel Naomi Campbell as the Magical Kenya International Ambassador.
- Kenya: This Is Why I Picked Naomi Campbell As Tourism Ambassador - Balalavon Nairobi News am 13/01/2021 um 04:17
[Nairobi News] Tourism Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala has been forced to explain his decision to appoint British supermodel Naomi Campbell as the Magical Kenya International Tourism Ambassador.
- Seychelles: Seychelles Tourism Board Closes Some Overseas Offices Due to Econonmic Crunchvon Seychelles News Agency am 12/01/2021 um 16:45
[Seychelles News Agency] The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) is closing some of its overseas offices as a means to cope with the ongoing pandemic and its economic impact on the country, the board announced over the weekend.
- Namibia: Seven Months of No Pay for Swakopmund Hotel Employeesvon Namibian am 12/01/2021 um 13:17
[Namibian] EMPLOYEES of the Swakopmund Hotel and entertainment centre have not seen a penny of their salaries since May last year.
- Tanzania: Zanzibar Targets Wealthy, Big Spending Touristsvon Daily News am 12/01/2021 um 13:04
[Daily News] ZANZIBAR opened a new five-star hotel in Unguja South over the weekend, with hope of attracting big spending tourists as the country recovers gradually from the impacts of Covid-19. "It is high time to strengthen our campaign for investments in the blue economy and tourism for big results.
- Tanzania: Why Tanzania Could Miss Revisits From Tourists.von The Exchange am 12/01/2021 um 11:53
[The Exchange] The Kilimanjaro mountain scape, Serengeti fascinating landscape, the Ngorongoro conservation magical experience and the spice island exuberant moments in Zanzibar are just a few joyous tourist experiences, one can acquire in real-time when visiting Tanzania.
- Senegal: Govt Gives Tax Exemption to Media, Tourismvon The Point am 12/01/2021 um 11:32
[The Point] Senegalese President Macky Sall has exempted the tourism sector and media from paying tax in 2020 and 2021.
- Africa: Why Paying People to Tolerate Wildlife Is Not the Magic Bullet for Conservationvon The Conversation Africa am 12/01/2021 um 11:13
[The Conversation Africa] Human-wildlife conflict is a complex issue globally. Whether it's mountain gorillas stealing bananas from farmers on the edge of Bwindi National Park in Uganda, or a pack of grey wolves raiding a cattle pen in western Montana, thousands of people navigate their lives alongside unwanted neighbours daily.
- Kenya: You Will Need Digital Health Pass to Leave, Enter Kenyavon Nation am 12/01/2021 um 09:42
[Nation] All inbound and outbound travellers to Kenya are now required to present digitally verified proof of a negative Covid-19 test, the Health ministry has announced.
- South Africa: Land Borders Close As SA Remains On Adjusted Level 3 Lockdownvon SAnews.gov.za am 12/01/2021 um 08:31
[SAnews.gov.za] As South Africa battles the second wave of the Coronavirus pandemic, President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced the country will remain on Adjusted Alert Level 3 Lockdown.
- Nigeria: Govt Lists Requirements for Travellers to Countryvon This Day am 12/01/2021 um 03:59
[This Day] The new provisional quarantine protocol for passengers arriving Nigeria introduced by the federal government has come into effect from Monday, 11th January, 2021.
- Zimbabwe: Tourism Players Count Their Losses As Lockdown Decimates Clientelevon New Zimbabwe am 08/01/2021 um 09:07
[New Zimbabwe] Victoria Falls -- The new surge in coronavirus cases which has seen government effect a strict 30-day lockdown has come as a huge blow to the tourism industry particularly in Victoria Falls where clients and business have literally disappeared overnight.
- Tanzania: China Remains Tanzania's Lead Market for Touristsvon Daily News am 08/01/2021 um 08:59
[Daily News] ON 13th May 2019, a large aircraft landed at Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA) and disembarking from the Ethiopian Airline were 343 Chinese nationals comprising famous people, investors from 27 companies and 40 journalists.
- Tanzania: Ngorongoro Turns On Geotourism to Boost Revenuevon Daily News am 08/01/2021 um 08:59
[Daily News] AS Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) plans to invest in its area to get more tourists who stay longer, it has initiated efforts to bank on Ngorongoro- Lengai Geopark for more revenue.
- Seychelles: Seychelles Tourism Board Capitalizing On Virtual Opportunities to Increase Visibility for Island Nationvon Seychelles News Agency am 08/01/2021 um 08:36
[Seychelles News Agency] Maintaining a strong presence and visibility internationally remains a core marketing strategy for the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) in 2021, where most activities are being conducted virtually due to the global pandemic.
- Morocco: RAM - Direct Casablanca-Dubai Air Route Launchedvon MAP am 07/01/2021 um 10:28
[MAP] Casablanca -- The national carrier Royal Air Maroc (RAM) announced on Wednesday the launch, starting March 28, 2021, of a new direct air route linking Casablanca to Dubai, with three flights per week.
- Namibia: Namibia's Tourism Sector Limps Towards Recoveryvon CAJ News am 07/01/2021 um 09:41
[CAJ News] Windhoek, Namibia -- THE Namibian tourism and hospital industry is showing positive signs of recovery from the lull triggered by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.