AllAfrica News: Travel and Tourism All Africa, All the Time.
- Nigeria: Buhari Pledges Support As Nigeria Hosts Global Cultural, Tourism, Literary Eventsvon Leadership am 08/08/2022 um 05:46
[Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari has pledged full support for three major international events scheduled to hold in Nigeria in October and November this year, saying they are opportunities to showcase the nation's rich heritage in culture, arts, tourism and entertainment as well as advancements on media freedom.
- Ghana: Traffic Flow From Flowerpot Roundabout to Motorway to Be Changed From August 5von GhanaToday am 05/08/2022 um 13:01
[GhanaToday] The Department of Urban Roads says from August 5, 2022, it will alter traffic flow from the flowerpot roundabout (Spintex Road) to the motorway to allow for the construction of an overpass.
- Ghana: Accra Beaches Record Low Patronagevon Ghanaian Times am 05/08/2022 um 12:31
[Ghanaian Times] The beaches of Accra yesterday recorded low patronage as revellers failed to troop there in their numbers to have fun and relax as usually done on public holidays.
- Seychelles: Popular Island Destination - Emirates Airline Is Promoting Seychelles On Its Network, Says Senior VPvon Seychelles News Agency am 05/08/2022 um 09:53
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles has become a popular destination in the Middle East and Europe and the Emirates Airline is bringing passengers across the world to the island nation, said a top official of the airline.
- Ghana: Ghana Records 400,000 Tourist Arrivals in 1st Quarter 2022 - Dr Awalvon Ghanaian Times am 05/08/2022 um 08:13
[Ghanaian Times] Ghana has recorded over 400,000 international arrivals for the first half of this year, the Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Dr Ibrahim Mohammed Awal, has said.
- Gambia: How Covid-19 Vaccination Normalizes Travelling for Gambiansvon The Point am 05/08/2022 um 07:49
[The Point] As the world tries to recover from the pandemic, the World Health Organisation (WHO) advised citizens of all countries to take the covid-19 vaccine in order to return to normalcy.
- South Africa: Minister Lindiwe Sisulu Asserts Banyana Banyana's Victory Will Enhance SA Sports Tourism Marketvon Govt of SA am 04/08/2022 um 16:54
[Govt of SA] Banyana Banyana's victory will enhance SA sports tourism market, says Minister Sisulu
- Ghana: Champion Efforts to Increase International Tourism to Ghana - Drawalvon Ghanaian Times am 04/08/2022 um 08:21
[Ghanaian Times] The Minister for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Dr Ibrahim Mohammed Awal, has urged Ghanaian residents in the United States of America (USA) to champion the drive to increase international tourism to Ghana by promoting tourism attractions in Ghana.
- Ghana: President Akufo-Addo Commissions Sunyani Airportvon GhanaToday am 04/08/2022 um 07:29
[GhanaToday] President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on Wednesday commissioned Phase I of the Sunyani Airport.
- Kenya: Mt. Kenya National Park Showcased Through Exhibitionvon Capital FM am 04/08/2022 um 07:15
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife has opened a one-month photo exhibition at the National Museum of Kenya aimed at raising awareness of Mt Kenya as a prime adventure tourism destination.
- Ghana: Digitalisation of Tourism Sites Best in Ensuring Economic Growthvon Ghanaian Times am 03/08/2022 um 10:00
[Ghanaian Times] Nnipahiamoa -- The digitalisation of tourism centers and sites in the country to attract global patronage for an improved revenue mobilisation is the best way to ensure economic growth, Kwasi Adu Gyan, the Bono East Regional Minister, has said.
- Malawi: Malawi Government Gives U.S.$560 000 for Tourism Matching Grantsvon Nyasa Times am 03/08/2022 um 07:31
[Nyasa Times] Minister of Tourism Michael Usi has presented matching grants to 18 successful Tourism operators totalling over K400 million.
- Uganda: Vumbula Uganda Set to Showcase Ssezibwa Fallsvon Nile Post am 02/08/2022 um 10:49
[Nile Post] Following the huge success of the recently held edition of Vumbula Jinja, Vumbula Uganda has come out to announce its next edition dubbed, 'Vumbula Ssezibwa'.
- South Africa: Banyana Banyana Victory a Boon for SA Sports Tourismvon SAnews.gov.za am 02/08/2022 um 09:15
[SAnews.gov.za] Tourism Minister Lindiwe Sisulu says Banyana Banyana's victory at the maiden Women's Africa Cup of Nations will go a long way in positioning the country as an attractive sports tourism destination.
- Malawi: Parley Committees Excited With Tourist Boom At the Incomplete Goshen Cityvon Nyasa Times am 02/08/2022 um 07:45
[Nyasa Times] Members of Parliament that visited Goshen City on Saturday expressed excitement with the number of tourists visiting the construction even before completion of first phase this December.
- Seychelles: Heading Back to the Tropical Islands - Seychelles' Tourism Industry On Upward Path to Recoveryvon Seychelles News Agency am 02/08/2022 um 07:30
[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles has surpassed the total number of visitor arrivals for the whole of 202, well on the path to the recovery of its tourism industry in the seventh month of 2022, Tourism Seychelles - the marketing arm of the Department of Tourism - said on Friday.
- Nigeria: Why Nigerian Airports Can't Operate for 24 Hours - Civil Aviation Authorityvon Daily Trust am 01/08/2022 um 13:03
[Daily Trust] The Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Captain Musa Nuhu, has said one of the many reasons some airports are restricted to sunrise - sunset flight operations in Nigeria is to eliminate or mitigate the safety implications and challenges of night operations.
- South Africa: Western Cape Tourism Nearing Pre-Pandemic Levelsvon CAJ News am 01/08/2022 um 11:10
[CAJ News] Cape Town -- THE Western Cape is encouraged by the recovery of its tourism industry after some areas performed better than before the COVID-19 crisis.
- Africa: International Travellers Flock Back to Africavon CAJ News am 01/08/2022 um 11:08
[CAJ News] Johannesburg -- AFRICA has recorded a more than 150 percent increase in international arrivals in the first five months of 2022 as compared to the same period last year.
- Africa: Canada - Global Aids Conference Kicks Off Amid Fury Over Visasvon DW am 30/07/2022 um 09:06
[DW] Philomena Gori had a lot riding on her attendance of the 24th International AIDS Conference, which kicks off in the Canadian city of Montreal on Friday. The biennial event brings together thousands of scientists, politicians, activists and social workers from around the world to find solutions to the HIV epidemic.
- South Africa: Minister Honours World-Renowned Ranger Dedicated to Conservationvon SAnews.gov.za am 29/07/2022 um 09:17
[SAnews.gov.za] Ahead of World Ranger Day, Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment Barbara Creecy paid tribute to Timbavati's Head Ranger, Anton Mzimba, who was gunned down outside his home this week.
- Kenya: Kenya Tourism Board Taps Key Personalities to Market Destination Kenyavon Capital FM am 29/07/2022 um 09:15
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) has maintained its commitment to leveraging the reach of key international and local personalities to market Kenya as a preferred and safe tourist destination across the world.
- Uganda: Aleph Hospitality Signs Third Hotel in Ugandavon New Dawn am 29/07/2022 um 09:06
[New Dawn] With the takeover of the Best Western Plus The Athena Hotel in Kampala, Aleph Hospitality increases its hotel portfolio in Uganda to three properties
- Kenya: U.S. Singer Anthony Hamilton in the Country, Visits Nairobi National Parkvon Capital FM am 29/07/2022 um 06:04
[Capital FM] It's not every day you get to meet a "national treasure" who is not only a Grammy award-winner but also, a multiplatinum singer-songwriter, producer with over 25 years in the game, and once described as, "one of the last of the soul singers that had an impact on modern culture." That man is none other than the amazing, talented R&B/soul/neo-soul hitmaker, Anthony Hamilton.
- Namibia: Youth Have Key Role to Play in Tourism Revival - Nghitilavon Namibian am 28/07/2022 um 17:01
[Namibian] THE executive director in the Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Tourism, Teofilus Nghitila, said young people have a key role to play in reviving the tourism sector.
- Ghana: Agbodza Not Enthused About Govt's Intent to Charge Road Tollsvon Ghanaian Times am 28/07/2022 um 12:41
[Ghanaian Times] Kwame Agbodza, the Ranking Member for the Roads and Transport Committee of Parliament, is not enthused about the government's intent to charge road tolls after the completion of expansion works on the Tema Motorway Road.
- Ghana: Travel and Tour Businesses Call for Sector Grant Allocation in 10 Million World Bankvon Ghanaian Times am 28/07/2022 um 12:41
[Ghanaian Times] Players in the Travel and Tour industry are appealing to the government for consideration in the disbursement of the 10 million World Bank grant allocation to the tourism sector.
- Zambia: Zambian Dilemma Over Victoria Falls Heritage Statusvon CAJ News am 28/07/2022 um 11:58
[CAJ News] Lusaka, Zambia -- ZAMBIANS are divided over the warning by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) Victoria Falls could lose its world heritage site status.
- South Africa: SA Already Booked for December Holidaysvon CAJ News am 28/07/2022 um 11:55
[CAJ News] Cape Town Cape Town Bureau -- OVERSEAS visitors are already booking their December holiday trips to South Africa, after over two years of limited travel.
- Kenya: Magical Kenya Travel Expo 2022 Returns After Two-Year Hiatusvon Capital FM am 28/07/2022 um 09:34
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Magical Kenya Travel Expo (MKTE) is set for a physical return from October 5-7 after a two-year hiatus occasioned by the Covid-19 pandemic.