AllAfrica Business News Headlines aggregated and updated from different new sources across the web.
AllAfrica News: Economy, Business and Finance All Africa, All the Time.
- Kenya: Kakuzi Secures Six Nominations in the Avocado Industry Excellence Awards 2022von Capital FM am 08/12/2022 um 18:33
[Capital FM] Listed agribusiness firm Kakuzi Plc has secured six nominations in the Avocado Industry Excellence Awards 2022, organised by the Avocado Society of Kenya.
- Kenya: Egerton University VC, Concil Members Jailed for 30 Days Over Lecturers Payvon Capital FM am 08/12/2022 um 18:28
[Capital FM] Nakuru -- Egerton University Vice Chancellor Prof Isaac Kibwage and University Council members get a 30 day jail term for contempt of court.
- Kenya: Win for Firms as Court of Appeal Stops Minimum Tax Implementationvon Capital FM am 08/12/2022 um 18:24
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) target to raise more money through the minimum tax has been dealt a blow after the Court of Appeal termed it illegal.
- Kenya: Two People Killed After Light Aircraft They Were in Crashed at Tsavo East National Parkvon Capital FM am 08/12/2022 um 18:17
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Two people were on Thursday killed when a light aircraft they were flying in crashed at the Tsavo East National Park.
- Kenya: Naivas to Open 3-New Branches Before Christmasvon Capital FM am 08/12/2022 um 18:16
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Naivas Supermarket will open three new branches before Christmas, pushing its total stores to 91 countrywide.
- Kenya: Microsoft Introduces Its Global Digital Skills Program in Kenyavon Capital FM am 08/12/2022 um 18:10
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Microsoft has announced the launch of its global skilling program in Kenya with the goal of increasing access to digital and foundational skills.
- Kenya: Kenya Diaspora Alliance Keen to Mainstream Resources Into National Developmentvon Capital FM am 08/12/2022 um 16:55
[Capital FM] Nairobi. -- The Kenya Diaspora Alliance (KDA) is working towards the realization of its policy of mainstreaming its members into the national development processes in line with the aspirations and goals of the Kenya Vision 2030.
- Africa: Why Africa matters to the United States: Top 5 reasonsvon Brookings am 08/12/2022 um 16:14
[Brookings] Washington, DC -- For years, U.S. engagement in Africa has emphasized poverty reduction, foreign aid, and addressing conflict and insecurity. While critically important, these priorities have not fully kept pace with dramatic changes occurring across the region, as Africa today has emerged as one of the world's premier destinations for cutting-edge innovation and inspiring entrepreneurship.
- Africa: Digital Press Briefing with U.S. Department of State's Bureau of African Affairs Assistant Secretary Molly Phee and National Security Council Senior Director for African Affairs Judd Devermontvon State Department am 08/12/2022 um 15:42
[State Department] Washington, DC -- MODERATOR: (Inaudible) everyone from the U.S. Department of State's Africa Regional Media Hub. I would like to welcome our participants dialing in from across the continent and thank all of you for joining this discussion. Today, we are very pleased to be joined by U.S. Department of State's Bureau of African Affairs Assistant Secretary of State Molly Phee and National Security Council Senior Director for African Affairs Judd Devermont. Listen here.
- South Africa: President Declares 27 December As a Public Holidayvon Govt of SA am 08/12/2022 um 14:36
[Govt of SA] South Africans will enjoy Tuesday, 27 December 2022, as a public holiday in lieu of Christmas Day falling on a Sunday.
- Ghana: GNAT, 5 Others Kick Against Debt Exchange Programmevon Ghanaian Times am 08/12/2022 um 14:14
[Ghanaian Times] Six labour unions have kicked against the imposition of cuts on pension funds as part of the debt exchange programme aimed at supporting the country's economic recovery.
- Somalia: IMF Lauds Financial Reform and Debt Relief Effortsvon Shabelle am 08/12/2022 um 13:41
[Shabelle] The IMF praised the Somali Government for the progress made in the process of financial reform and debt relief.
- Uganda: First Batch of Ebola Vaccines Arrives in Uganda For Clinical Trialsvon allAfrica am 08/12/2022 um 13:35
[allAfrica] Cape Town -- Uganda has received a shipment of 1,200 Ebola vaccine doses from the World Health Organization today, writes Elias Biryambarema for Reuters. Three vaccine options - one from the University of Oxford and Serum Institute of India, another by the Sabin Vaccine Institute and a third by Merck & Co Inc. will be considered for use in the clinical trial.
- South Africa: Include People With Disabilities in Implementation of Economic Development Policiesvon SAnews.gov.za am 08/12/2022 um 12:57
[SAnews.gov.za] President Cyril Ramaphosa says people with disabilities must be involved in conceptualising, developing, implementing and monitoring economic development policies and programmes.
- South Africa: Understanding Eskom's High Failure Ratevon GroundUp am 08/12/2022 um 12:54
[GroundUp] Researchers have identified the underlying causes
- Nigeria: We've Used Technology to Make Mismanagement Impossible - PTADvon Vanguard am 08/12/2022 um 12:30
[Vanguard] THE Executive Secretary of Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate, PTAD, Dr Chioma Ejikeme says the adoption of technology in the payment of pensions has made it near impossible for pension funds to be mismanaged or embezzled as was in the past
- Nigeria: CBN's New Cashless Policy Counterproductive for Petty Trading - Metuhvon Leadership am 08/12/2022 um 12:24
[Leadership] Former national publicity secretary of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Chief Olisa Metuh has said the new cashless policy by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is counter productive and an inconvenience to poor Nigerians.
- Ghana: Ga South MCE Warns Chiefs, Contractors Against Illegal Sand Winning Activitiesvon Ghanaian Times am 08/12/2022 um 11:38
[Ghanaian Times] Chiefs and sand winning contractors in the Ga South Municipality have been cautioned to stop the rampant illegal sand winning activities in the area.
- Ghana: Financial Stability Council to Closely Monitor Impacts of Debt Exchange Programme... to Set Up Gh¢15bn Fundvon Ghanaian Times am 08/12/2022 um 11:38
[Ghanaian Times] The Financial Stability Council has pledged to continue to closely monitor the impacts of the Debt Exchange Programme on financial institutions and on the financial system as a whole, as well as the effectiveness of the measures outlined.
- Ghana: 2023 Budget Approval - Trust us to Protect Your Interest ... Minority Reacts to Public Backlashvon Ghanaian Times am 08/12/2022 um 11:38
[Ghanaian Times] The Minority has called on Ghanaians to trust it to protect their interest as the House moves to the second stage of approval of the 2023 budget statement and economic policy of the government.
- Nigeria: Court Clears Firm from Alleged N3.5 Billion Paris Loan Scamvon Premium Times am 08/12/2022 um 11:08
[Premium Times] When the EFCC concluded its investigation, GCA Energy Limited and its officials were not charged.
- Nigeria: China Accounts for 66% Debt-Service Payments By Nigeria - World Bankvon Premium Times am 08/12/2022 um 10:49
[Premium Times] Nigeria's debt owed to China accounts for 83.57 percent of its total bilateral debt as of June 30, 2022, totalling $3.9 billion.
- Africa: NGOs Sue in French Court Over Oil Project in Africavon DW am 08/12/2022 um 09:52
[DW] A civilian court case in France hopes to block an oil exploration project in Uganda and Tanzania developed by energy giant TotalEnergies. It's a beacon of hope for civil rights groups.
- Uganda: Government Confirms End of Umeme Contractvon Independent (Kampala) am 08/12/2022 um 09:32
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda -- Electricity distributor, Umeme's contract will run its full course but will not be renewed by government in 2025. Fears that the Umeme concession would be terminated before 2025 have therefore been put to rest.
- Uganda: Parliament Calls for Countrywide Power Coveragevon Independent (Kampala) am 08/12/2022 um 09:32
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda -- Legislators have called on government to ensure that electricity access across the country is improved for the benefit of Ugandans in different sectors of the economy.
- East Africa: EAC Embarks On Project to Improve Regional Trade in Seed Potatoesvon Independent (Kampala) am 08/12/2022 um 09:32
[Independent (Kampala)] Dar es Salaam, Tanzania -- The East African Community (EAC) has handed over laboratory equipment to member states of the regional bloc as part of a project aimed at improving regional trade in seed potatoes in eastern Africa, the EAC said in statement on Tuesday.
- East Africa: TotalEnergies in Court Over Massive Oil Projects in Uganda, Tanzaniavon RFI am 08/12/2022 um 07:32
[RFI] The French energy giant TotalEnergies appeared in a Paris court after years of delay in a case in which six NGOs accuse it of "failing in its duty of vigilance" on two massive oil drilling and pipeline projects in Uganda and Tanzania.
- South Africa: Energy Crisis Mounts as Country Faces More Intense Power Cuts - South African News Briefs - December 8, 2022von allAfrica am 08/12/2022 um 06:57
[allAfrica] Cape Town --
- Africa: AfDB Mobilises U.S.$8.9bn for Africa's Low-Income Countries, Highest in 50 Yearsvon This Day am 08/12/2022 um 05:40
[This Day] After a year of intense negotiations and a difficult global economic outlook, development partners of the African Development Fund (ADF) have agreed to commit a total package of $8.9 billion to its 2023 to 2025 financing cycle.
- Nigeria: Nigeria's NNPC Funded Chevron Asset Purchase With Aid of Family Firm - Reportvon This Day am 08/12/2022 um 05:40
[This Day] One of Nigeria's wealthiest families, Sayyu Dantata, funded the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) purchase of oil blocks from Chevron Corporation, offering an insight into how the firm could back its ambitious expansion plans, a Bloomberg report said yesterday.