AllAfrica Business News Headlines aggregated and updated from different new sources across the web.
AllAfrica News: Economy, Business and Finance All Africa, All the Time.
- South Africa: SANEF Saddened to Learn of the Closure of New Framevon SANEF am 05/07/2022 um 15:07
[SANEF] The South African National Editors' Forum is saddened to learn that New Frame is closing its publication after the funder pulled the plug.
- Kenya: Ganjanomics - Fact-Checking Kenyan Presidential Candidate George Wajackoyah's Marijuana Agendavon Africa Check am 05/07/2022 um 14:30
[Africa Check] Among other unconventional ideas, George Luchiri Wajackoyah says marijuana exports will solve Kenya's economic problems. But his economics of ganja don't add up - whether it's legal or not.
- Namibia: Electricity Tariffs in the Current Economic Situationvon Namibian am 05/07/2022 um 14:22
[Namibian] SELMA SHIPUNDA
- Namibia: Us Trade Mission a Success - Ministryvon Namibian am 05/07/2022 um 14:22
[Namibian] THE Ministry of Industrialisation and Trade has described the annual trade and investment mission to Namibia from 6 to 10 June as a great success.
- Ghana: Resolve Teachers' Strike to Stem Similar Actionsvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] Pre-tertiary public school teachers are on an indefinite strike for failure of the government to pay them 20 per cent of their salaries as Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) to mitigate the impact of the ever-rising cost of living in the country.
- Ghana: 'Create Sustainable Jobs to Protect Nation From Insurgency'von Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] The National Peace Council has suggested strategic investment into creation of more sustainable jobs for the youth to protect the nation from insurgency being experienced in some West African countries.
- Africa: Terrorism Affecting Socio-Economic Life of Some African Countries - National Security Ministervon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] Some African countries are bearing the brunt of terrorism to the extent that it has affected social and economic life in those countries, Albert Kan-Dapaah, Minister of National Security, has said.
- Ghana: Govt's Engagement With IMF Receives Mixed Reactions From Publicvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] The decision by government to engage with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a bailout since its announcement by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has been greeted with mixed reactions from a cross section of Ghanaians.
- Ghana: Take Advantage of AfCFTA to Build Partnerships - Businesses Urgedvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] The Chief Executive Officer of Agricultural-based company, Abanga Farms & Food Systems Limited, has charged Ghanaian businesses to take advantage of the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) to build partnerships with businesses in other African countries to grow the African economy.
- Ghana: 'Lease of Golden Tulip Hotels to Achour Holdings to Ensure Better Returns On Investment'von Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] Ghana Libyan-Arab Holding Company (GLAHCO) has denied reports alleging that a Lebanese company has purchased the whole franchise of the Golden Tulip Hotels in Accra and Kumasi owned by a joint venture between the government of Ghana and Libya.
- Ghana: ICU Calls On Govt to Come Clear With Programme With IMFvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] Government must come out clear on the type of programme it wants to pursue under the International Monetary Fund(IMF)programme, Mr Morgan Ayawine, General Secretary of the Industrial and Commercial Workers' Union(ICU) Ghana, has said.
- Ghana: GCB Management Meets AMA CEOvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:19
[Ghanaian Times] The Management of GCB Bank PLC has paid a working visit to the Chief Executive of the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA), Mrs Elizabeth Naa Kwatsoe Tawiah Sackey.
- Ghana: 3 Coys Commit Gh¢950,000 to Build Modern Market for Appiatsevon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:17
[Ghanaian Times] Three corporate organisations have committed to investing GH¢950,000 towards the development of a modern market for Appiatse, the community in the Prestea-Huni-Valley Municipality destroyed by explosion on January 20.
- Ghana: Amidst Economic Challenges - President Holds Breakfast Meeting With Major Players in Private Sectorvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:17
[Ghanaian Times] President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo engaged major players in the private sector at a breakfast meeting in Accra yesterday to ascertain their challenges and concerns, especially in the wake of current global economic crises.
- Ghana: Assembly Invests in Projects to Realise Residents' Aspirationsvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:17
[Ghanaian Times] Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa District Assembly has invest in 15 developmental projects to meet the hopes and aspirations of residents.
- Ghana: Government, IMF Begin Talks On Economic Programme On Wednesday ... but Imani Expects Tough Negotiationsvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:17
[Ghanaian Times] The International Monetary Fund (IMF) officials will on Wednesday, July 6, 2022 officially kick-start negotiations with the government for an economic programme.
- Ghana: Political Scientist Expresses Misgivings Over IMF Bailoutvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:17
[Ghanaian Times] Professor Ransford Gyampo, a political science lecturer at the University of Ghana, has expressed misgivings over the government's decision in shifting away from the prospects of the Electronic Transactions Levy (e-levy) and moving to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for bailout.
- Ghana: Going to IMF Is Tragic Mistake - TUCvon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:17
[Ghanaian Times] The Trade Union Congress (TUC) has described government's decision to commence formal engagements with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) as "a tragic mistake and a sad one for Ghana."
- Ghana: 4 Teacher Unions Down Tools Nationwide ... Declare Strike to Press Home Demand for Colavon Ghanaian Times am 05/07/2022 um 14:17
[Ghanaian Times] Four teacher unions have declared an indefinite nationwide strike over government's inability to grant them their 20 per cent Cost of Living Allowance (COLA).
- South Africa: Cape Township Homes in the Dark As Technicians Fear for Their Safetyvon GroundUp am 05/07/2022 um 14:12
[GroundUp] Families in Philippi East, Cape Town, say they have been without electricity for nearly two months.
- Mozambique: PM Wants Better Supervision of Natural Gas Projectsvon AIM am 05/07/2022 um 14:09
[AIM] Maputo -- The Mozambican Prime Minister, Adriano Maleiane, on Monday challenged the National Petroleum Institute (INP) to improve the inspection of the natural gas exploration and production projects, currently under way.
- Mozambique: Labour Ministry Ensures 21,000 Jobs in South Africavon AIM am 05/07/2022 um 14:09
[AIM] Maputo -- The Mozambican Ministry of Labour, through the National Directorate of Migrant Labour (DTM), ensured the maintenance of more than 21,000 jobs for Mozambicans in neighbouring South Africa in 2021, according to Labour Minister Margarida Talapa.
- Nigeria: Again, Zenith Wins Best Commercial Bank in Nigeriavon This Day am 05/07/2022 um 14:03
[This Day] -Named best corporate governance bank at World Finance 2022 awards
- Kenya: Kenya Bureau of Standards Urges Manufacturers to Adopt New Standards to Boost Tradevon Capital FM am 05/07/2022 um 13:15
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) has called on local manufacturers and importers to conform to the 205 new standards which have been developed targeting various products to boost their competitiveness.
- Nigeria: Buhari - Govt's Commitment to Infrastructure Development Bearing Resultsvon This Day am 05/07/2022 um 13:14
[This Day] Abuja -- President Muhamadu Buhari has said that the commitment of his administration to infrastructure development across the nation had begun to bear fruits.
- Nigeria: Lifeline for Chibok Girlsvon This Day am 05/07/2022 um 12:57
[This Day] To ameliorate the suffering of some rescued Chibok girls, the Chibok Ladies Vocational Tailoring Program was instituted. So far, two batches of 24 trainees have graduated from the programme.
- South Africa: What's Happening In South African News - July 5, 2022von allAfrica am 05/07/2022 um 08:42
[allAfrica] Cape Town --
- Tanzania: President Suluhu Hassan Sacks Ports Director General, Names New Czarvon Daily News am 05/07/2022 um 06:57
[Daily News] President Samia Suluhu Hassan has revoked the appointment of Tanzania Port Authority (TPA) Director General, Mr Erick Hamis.
- Uganda: Go Back to Class, Pay Rise Will Come Later - Musevenivon Independent (Kampala) am 05/07/2022 um 06:50
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda -- President Yoweri Museveni has asked teachers to go back to class before discussions on a pay rise can continue. In a statement posted on twitter, he said government will stick to its long term plan for pay rises in coming years.
- Kenya: Kenya Officially Launches Its International Finance Hubvon Capital FM am 05/07/2022 um 05:17
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Kenya has officially launched the Nairobi International Financial Centre which seeks to position the country as the preferred destination for the international business community and boost capital flows.