AllAfrica Business News Headlines aggregated and updated from different new sources across the web.
AllAfrica News: Economy, Business and Finance All Africa, All the Time.
- Nigeria: Pipeline Explosion Rocks Lagos am 20/01/2020 um 06:45
[This Day] Residents of Abule-Egba, Ile Epo area of Lagos state are currently scampering for safety following an explosion at a fuel pipeline in the area.
- Kenya: Sotik Leaders on the Spot as Residents Protest Bad Roads am 20/01/2020 um 06:31
[Nation] For the third day in a row, residents of Sotik Constituency, Bomet County, took the streets on Sunday in a protest against dilapidated roads.
- Kenya: Yatani Attracts Praise and Criticism in Equal Measure am 20/01/2020 um 06:31
[Nation] This week President Uhuru Kenyatta confirmed Ambassador Ukur Yatani as National Treasury Cabinet secretary, a move that means his predecessor Henry Rotich has now been officially sacked over the Sh22 billion Kimwarer and Arror dams corruption scandal.
- Djibouti: Djibouti Rejects Awarding Port Operations to Dubai Firm am 20/01/2020 um 06:25
[East African] The Djibouti government has rejected an order of arbitration that awarded control of a key port terminal to an Emirati firm - DP World.
- Rwanda: Rwanda to Pitch at UK-Africa Investment Summit am 20/01/2020 um 06:21
[New Times] Rwanda will seek to attract more investors to its economy at the UK-Africa investment summit that will take place on January 20 in London, United Kingdom.
- Rwanda: Govt Spends Rwf5 Billion to Protect Coffee Farmers From Falling Prices am 20/01/2020 um 06:19
[New Times] Coffee and tea have been struggling to get good prices on international markets which threatens the income of farmers as well as the country's export earnings, the Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources has said.
- Kenya: Kenyatta to Scout for Potential Investors for Big 4 Projects at UK Meet am 20/01/2020 um 06:16
[Capital FM] Nairobi -President Uhuru Kenyatta is expected to make a fresh pitch for his Big four agenda projects at the inaugural UK-Africa Investment summit which kicks off Monday.
- Rwanda: Nyagatare to Get New Hospital am 20/01/2020 um 06:15
[New Times] Nyagatare District is set to inaugurate a new Rwf4billion Gatunda Hospital by the end of this fiscal yearafter two years of construction.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Capital Market Set to Be Automated This Year am 20/01/2020 um 06:12
[New Times] Automation of Rwanda and regional capital markets is expected to be completed in the first quarter of this year, Rwanda Stock Exchange has revealed.
- Rwanda: Up-Close and Personal With Radisson Blu Kigali General Manager am 20/01/2020 um 05:58
[New Times] In July 2016, international hotel chain Radisson Blu made its debut in the Rwandan market not only to offer hotel services, but also manage the Kigali Convention Centre. The stakes were high from the start as the hotel's launch was on the eve of the 27th African Union Summit.
- Rwanda: RPF Cadres to Build Over 3,000 Toilets in Northern Province am 20/01/2020 um 05:50
[New Times] Members of Rwanda Patriotic Front (RPF-Inkotanyi) women and youth leagues from Northern Province over the weekend launched a month-long hygiene campaign that will see 3,335 toilet units built for vulnerable households.
- Rwanda: Rwanda Set to Get First Powdered Milk Factory am 20/01/2020 um 05:41
[New Times] Rwanda's livestock subsector is expected to get a major boost and dairy farmers get a ready market for their produce, thanks to the construction of a factory that will be making powdered milk.
- Rwanda: Gerayo Amahoro - Road Safety Campaign Taken to 20 Protestant Churches am 20/01/2020 um 05:37
[New Times] The year-long national Gerayo Amahoro campaign dedicated to influencing a road safety culture was this Sunday extended to 20 other religious denominations under their umbrella 'Protestant Council of Rwanda (PCR).'
- Libya: Haftar Loyalists Block Oil Exports Amid Ceasefire am 20/01/2020 um 04:34
[Deutsche Welle] The national oil company says crude output will drop by two-thirds and warned the militants were costing the Libyan people $55 million a day. The blockade came on the eve of a major peace conference in Berlin.
- East Africa: Lapsset Project Adopted By AU in Move to Boost Continent's Free Trade Area am 20/01/2020 um 04:32
[East African] Kenya's mega Lamu Port-South Sudan-Ethiopia-Transport (Lapsset) Corridor Programme has been adopted as an African Union project and redesigned to link the Lamu port on the eastern African Coast of the Indian Ocean to Douala port in the western Africa Atlantic Ocean.
- West Africa: States Mired in Controversy Over 'Eco' Currency am 20/01/2020 um 04:29
[Deutsche Welle] Anglophone ECOWAS members have criticized plans by the bloc's French-speaking states to change the CFA franc's name to 'Eco'. ECOWAS had planned to launch a common currency under the same name in 2020.
- South Africa: Uganda Airlines All Set to Fly to Johannesburg Soon am 19/01/2020 um 22:54
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala -Uganda's national carrier, Uganda Airlines, has made it official that it will unveil direct flights to Johannesburg, South Africa, soon.
- Rwanda: Kagame to Attend UK-Africa Investment Summit am 19/01/2020 um 22:52
[New Times] President Paul Kagame is expected in London for the UK-Africa Investment Summit that starts on Monday, which will be hosted by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
- East Africa: Uganda-Kenya Milk War Boils Over With No End in Sight to Regional Trade Tiffs am 19/01/2020 um 22:06
[East African] The escalating trade dispute between Kenya and Uganda over milk exports, is just one of many facing all EAC partner states and underlines critical gaps in the regional integration project that could potentially harm the economies.
- Zimbabwe: Doctors Leave Zim in Droves As Govt Remains Hostile to Wage Demands am 19/01/2020 um 21:37
[New Zimbabwe] Frustrated Zimbabwean medical doctors are leaving the country in droves as government fails to break its impasse with the health professionals following a four-month strike action late last year over poor wages.
- Zimbabwe: Mnangagwa Is Archbishop of Machete-Wielding Gangs - Opposition am 19/01/2020 um 21:32
[New Zimbabwe] The MDC has fired at President Emmerson Mnangagwa, describing the Zanu PF leader as the archbishop of the notorious machete wielding gangs commonly referred to as Mashurugwi.
- Zimbabwe: Parirenyatwa's Staff Woes Persist Despite Junior Doctors' Return am 19/01/2020 um 21:30
[New Zimbabwe] Parirenyatwa Hospital, the largest referral medical centre in Zimbabwe, is still operating below its normal capacity despite the return of striking junior doctors to their workstations.
- Zimbabwe: Police Allow Chamisa to Launch MDC's Agenda 2020 am 19/01/2020 um 21:04
[New Zimbabwe] Police Sunday afternoon allowed MDC President Nelson Chamisa to launch his much anticipated State of the Nation Agenda (SONA) 2020 mini-rally at Stodart Hall in Mbare, Harare Tuesday.
- Nigeria: Outage Rocks Maiduguri As Insurgents Destroy Power Line am 19/01/2020 um 20:52
[Daily Trust] Power outage has persisted in Maiduguri and its environs after insurgents damaged power equipment belonging to the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), cutting the area off from the national grid since Friday.
- Kenya: What Kenya Can Gain From UK-Africa Investment Summit am 19/01/2020 um 20:50
[Nation] President Uhuru Kenyatta leads a delegation of leaders and businesspeople to the UK-Africa Investment Summit on Monday with Kenya eyeing investments for the 'Big Four Agenda', continued trade and multilateral deals with a post-Brexit United Kingdom and deepening of political ties.
- East Africa: Wind May Blow Locusts Away From Kenya's Bread Basket - UN am 19/01/2020 um 20:48
[Nation] The armies of locusts which have been ravaging parts of Kenya for the last three weeks may not march through the breadbasket counties, after all, a forecast by the United Nations shows.
- Nigeria: Sanitary Pads Exempted From VAT Hike am 19/01/2020 um 20:41
[Vanguard] The Federal Government has listed the sanitary pads among the 20 basic food items exempted from the new Valued Added Tax (VAT) increase expected to take effect from February.
- Zimbabwe: Solar-Powered Water Pumps for Kariba Villagers am 19/01/2020 um 16:23
[The Herald] Villagers in Nyaminyami area of Kariba district will be getting water for four irrigation schemes from solar-powered pumps.
- Tanzania: Third Miner Declares Dispute With Govt am 19/01/2020 um 12:05
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -Another Canada-based company Montero Mining and Exploration is in dispute with the government over a repossessed retention mining licence.
- Somalia: Puntland President Appoints New Bosaso Airport Manager am 19/01/2020 um 11:41
[Shabelle] The leader of the Puntland State of Somalia Saed Abdullahi Deni has appointed a new manager for Bosaso airport on Sunday.